Game Day Blog - Sharks vs Eels

Well, this is a danger game for our Eels IMO. The Sharks are on a bit of a roll with 3 wins on the trot. The Eels also have won their past 3 games, but haven't exactly been convincing.

I thought our opponents in the Bulldogs last week, were probably given less respect than they deserved, most likely as they sit at the bottom of the ladder. They put in a massive effort and lost by only 2 points. However, after watching the Storm put 40 on them last night, I'm not so sure.

The Sharks see the return of Moylan, Ramien and Dugan and if I were Parra, I'd be throwing a few big boys at Moylan as I believe that he is the most vulnerable.

The match up for me is Johnson and Moses. Johnson has been in some very good form and actually earning his wage of late. Moses has been in good form all season and will need to be on top of his game today.

For me, If we are to win this game, we need to see our backs stand up, particularly our right edge. Waqa needs to improve in most areas of his game and BA would know this.

Also, our kick pressure and line speed in general must improve on the past few weeks. The most noticeable difference I've noticed in the Eels team from early season to recent weeks is a considerable drop in line speed. I am hoping like most Eels fans that this is the game that we put in close to a 80 minute effort and Dylan Brown grabs the game by it's horns.

This should be a cracker on a rainy and windy Sunday afternoon!

So, who wins and by what margin?

MOM?

GO YOU EELS!!!

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Dylan Brown you got the right idea direct and play short love it finally.

• See Kane Evans face lol. I thought he was going to cry. Lol

• Sivo needs to pull his finger out.  Having a shocker and bloody lazy!

• 8 in front in a bog , you kick early and play the game in Sharks territory, not Parra . Spread the ball and gift territory to the opposition. Poor game management.

• We love doing it to ourselves we really do.

Ball control handling surely this was talked about at halftime but man Kaufusi straight off of points and Fergo cold drop no pressure my goodness we mustn't want to win.

• Sivo has been talking to EGJ 

• Oh my god Sivo is a muppet. Should be hooked

• Jeez we make it hard on ourselves 

• Can someone please teach Sivo not to leave his wing in defence..

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

BEM replied to Prof. Daz's discussion R4 V TIGERS: FREUD SAYS ‘WORK THROUGH’ IT, DEAR EELS
"Hopefully Greig gets on.
Not sure why Ofahengaue is ahead of Greig as he has been pretty disappointing. "
8 minutes ago
mongolian trotting duck replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"he cant be worse of than an existing contract as per the collective bargaining agreement
 "
15 minutes ago
LB replied to Prof. Daz's discussion R4 V TIGERS: FREUD SAYS ‘WORK THROUGH’ IT, DEAR EELS
"Exactly, he has worked that well the last 3 weeks. If Carty is out i can see BA naming either Greig or Ogden on the bench to continue the rotation."
18 minutes ago
mongolian trotting duck replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"if they sign lomax why would talagi stay"
18 minutes ago
More…