Game Day Blog - Sharks vs Eels

Well, this is a danger game for our Eels IMO. The Sharks are on a bit of a roll with 3 wins on the trot. The Eels also have won their past 3 games, but haven't exactly been convincing.

I thought our opponents in the Bulldogs last week, were probably given less respect than they deserved, most likely as they sit at the bottom of the ladder. They put in a massive effort and lost by only 2 points. However, after watching the Storm put 40 on them last night, I'm not so sure.

The Sharks see the return of Moylan, Ramien and Dugan and if I were Parra, I'd be throwing a few big boys at Moylan as I believe that he is the most vulnerable.

The match up for me is Johnson and Moses. Johnson has been in some very good form and actually earning his wage of late. Moses has been in good form all season and will need to be on top of his game today.

For me, If we are to win this game, we need to see our backs stand up, particularly our right edge. Waqa needs to improve in most areas of his game and BA would know this.

Also, our kick pressure and line speed in general must improve on the past few weeks. The most noticeable difference I've noticed in the Eels team from early season to recent weeks is a considerable drop in line speed. I am hoping like most Eels fans that this is the game that we put in close to a 80 minute effort and Dylan Brown grabs the game by it's horns.

This should be a cracker on a rainy and windy Sunday afternoon!

So, who wins and by what margin?

MOM?

GO YOU EELS!!!

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Eels by 10.

MOM RCG.

• If there was ever a day to play tight tough, pressure, kick deep to corners, build pressure and roll the sleeves up then here it is. The sharks are attackers of teh football. They are not the sharks gritty defence teams of the Gallen era IMO.  If we play touch footy or go try for try with them, they will get us easily.  If we play very tough,  control field position and build sustained pressure their greatest assets will be their weakess points, ie JOHNSON, DUGAN, MOYLAN.  Moses needs a 8/10 game now and Reed needs to nail it as well.  If we are fast away for a change we might just go right on with this one.   

RCG MOM again... Parra by 12

• EELS by 12

MOM The King

And want to see RCG and PAulo run straight fatfitta

• Your Fat fifita is not playing.

• I was just saying on Friday I think there will be an upset in either the panthers game or our game. Panthers made light work of the raiders yesterday makes me extremely nervous now. Sharks by 4 MOM Johnson

• Eels to win by 8 ( 20 - 12) . MOM RC-G. ........    GO PARRA!!!!

• I'll be able to tell after 2 minutes if we're on or not. If we come out breathing fire, line speed, first up contact, pressure on the kicker, kick chase etc then we'll win well. Eels by 16+. 
    If we begin the game passively, poor line speed, allowing The Sharks to make easy yards etc, then we'll lose easily. Sharks by 10+. 
    I fear the Eels of the past month will be the same sluggish outfit that shows up today. 

• Haha so true, it doesn't take long to see if we're on or off.

In fact, I'll be able to tell as soon as the guys run out, simply by looking at their faces.

• X100000

hope they would try to do it for the spaniel 

• Calling it now - terrible body language

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Collaroy Eel replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Hope not LB. I love Grieg . He is a best of a young man and just needs more fitness IMO. Don't think they'll part with Blaize . They can keep Lomax "
57 seconds ago
Poppa replied to Prof. Daz's discussion R4 V TIGERS: FREUD SAYS ‘WORK THROUGH’ IT, DEAR EELS
"or Jesus saying "forgive them father for they know not what they do"...... it is good friday Wiz and Daz is the smartest guy on the site, even though you feel challenged by such a statement!"
6 minutes ago
BEM replied to Prof. Daz's discussion R4 V TIGERS: FREUD SAYS ‘WORK THROUGH’ IT, DEAR EELS
"Hopefully Greig gets on.
Not sure why Ofahengaue is ahead of Greig as he has been pretty disappointing. "
32 minutes ago
mongolian trotting duck replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"he cant be worse of than an existing contract as per the collective bargaining agreement
 "
39 minutes ago
More…