Game day blog - Raiders vs Eels

After being totally outplayed by the Dragons last week, the Eels head to the capital to take on pRicky's Raiders.

We haven't won in Canberra since 2006. Again we see Matterson out and I'm starting to think he's about as useful as a solar powered torch. Harsh, but this is a business and I'd be contacting Trent Barret.

The Eels may well be down in confidence, or will they be focused and determined? I believe this game will be won in the forwards,particularly the hookers. They have fire power all over the park, but so do we and there really are no excuses tonight.

Can the eels get back on track and return to their winning ways? Tonight is a real good chance to see where this team is at.

So, who wins and by what margin?

MOM?

GO YOU EELS!!!

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I got a feeling it's not gonna be good for Will Smith tonight. Sorry Carlo... 

• Argh I can't hear this 

I just can't !!!!!

im closing my ears and la la la ing 🤣

• It's not a knock on Will carlo.

• I see the same too our edges are still questionable and I believe there 9,6,7 are in better form than ours.

Add the fact Canberra's a graveyard for us it'll be a tough ask.

• I'm expecting a mistake riddled game as usual from Arthur's team. It's either rocks or diamonds and it's all due to risk management. When you watch the Panthers, they play a very low risk game plan with minimal offloads in their own half and passing way before the line.

Short turn around also for the eels

Canberra 24

Eels 4

• Arthurs team, by that do you mean not your team? Your possibly on the wrong forum then Chiefy????

• Its Arthur's game plan and it's erratic. Its rocks or diamonds.

• Predicable more than erratic.

You know how he wants to play but we need a few wrinkles.

Tempo if we want to play slow and controlled I dunno but if we play quick and move the point of attack we got a chance.

• Canberra 48 Parra 0

MOM Hodgson 

Parra to continue there 15 year losing streak in the nation's capital and wil make it 3 consecutive games in Canberra without troubling the scoreboard. 

• I'm hoping for points on the board and no injuries - that's success today 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Poppa replied to Prof. Daz's discussion R4 V TIGERS: FREUD SAYS ‘WORK THROUGH’ IT, DEAR EELS
"or Jesus saying "forgive them father for they know not what they do"...... it is good friday Wiz and Daz is the smartest guy on the site, even though you feel challenged by such a statement!"
4 seconds ago
BEM replied to Prof. Daz's discussion R4 V TIGERS: FREUD SAYS ‘WORK THROUGH’ IT, DEAR EELS
"Hopefully Greig gets on.
Not sure why Ofahengaue is ahead of Greig as he has been pretty disappointing. "
26 minutes ago
mongolian trotting duck replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"he cant be worse of than an existing contract as per the collective bargaining agreement
 "
33 minutes ago
LB replied to Prof. Daz's discussion R4 V TIGERS: FREUD SAYS ‘WORK THROUGH’ IT, DEAR EELS
"Exactly, he has worked that well the last 3 weeks. If Carty is out i can see BA naming either Greig or Ogden on the bench to continue the rotation."
35 minutes ago
More…