Game day blog - Knights vs Eels

The Sundy arvo blockbuster!

This will be a great game to watch. The Panthers are currently a point ahead. The Knights return home for the first time in a long time and both teams are playing exciting footy.

Gus Gould is putting the boot in and basically saying that we are not the reel deel. If we win this we'll be back ontop of his beloved Pussies.

The Eels have been flying high playing an attractive brand of footy to watch.

My biggest concern for the Eels in this game is Jai Field being found out. Field vs Pierce. I actually think we have them covered pretty well across the park, apart from this little match up and it would appear to be horribly one sided.

Field will need his body guards and to play care free eyes up footy all game. The Eels will need to win the final 20 minutes to be a chance too.

So, who wins this one and by what margin?

MOM?

58 Best NRL Memes images | Nrl memes, Nrl, Memes

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Pretty sure that's an example of redundancy. 

• LOL!!!

• Dylan has an awesome defensive game, and plays tough. He also has moments of good play, but not enough to be a star #6. In fact he plays more like an attacking centre in the 6. It will be interesting to see how he goes when MM is back.

I maybe wrong and he imprves over the next 18mths.under Joe's coaching, but he can only do so much. You need Natural ability and a lot of it. I realy don,t think Dylan has a lot of natural ability. 

TIME WILL TELL.

•  I realy don,t think Dylan has a lot of natural ability.

Did I just read you correctly ?

That'll do me. The kid is 20, he has played 34 NRL games. For crying out loud. I've heard everything now.

• He has plenty of natural ability as a footballer. In fact he's a very naturally gifted player with a fantastic sense of timing in defence and great natural footwork. I made a comment earlier that the only criticism, and in the scheme of things it's a minor one, is that he could certainly be quicker to pass the footy to his outside supports in broken and general play. To be honest as long as you have other ball players which we do it actually doesn't hurt at all to have a player who is prepared to just tuck the ball under the arm and dig into the line or run it himself more often than not. 

But just for Dylan to be the absolute best footy player he personally can be he will need to develop that aspect if he can. 

• This reply was deleted.
      • Nothing you can teach me Pops. Don't need your out either.

Your opinion is DB will be a future champion number 6, mine is he will be good,  NEVER a champion 6

And right now the stats say Iam right and your wrong, yes stats are not everything and do not take into account his age and experience. What they do show is DB going backwards not improving, in fact 3 games this year he offered nothing. Yep the kid will learn, but as the best say you carn,t teach vision or game leadership.

Now Pop,s this is just my opinion, DB would make a future ball playing lock, in the same mould as Victor Radley. His defence is awesome, has a good running game, brilliant cover defender, and a big motor.

His frame is like VR, same height 6kg lighter than Victor. Which he will gain as his body fills out.

Either way he is an asset for the Eels, just don't think his a 6. I think he concentrates on his own game and lacks the ability to continually organize the left side.

Few yrs from now Pop,s we,ll see where his talent gets him.

• A tip to Dylbags. When you have broken the defensive line and Sivo is next to you, you simply pass the ball and enjoy the carnage which is to come.

• That's fair. He seemed to be looking to put a player in the clear but he should have given Sivo the chance to beat the defenders. The cover was there in Pearce and Ponga so one of those needed to be beaten first to create space. It will be a bitter-sweet video session where DBrown is praised for the run but criticized for not letting Sivo loose 

• When you make a break like that you want to capitalise on it if you can. If a Prop or slow second rower busts the line fine he can think about getting field position but a half should be thinking about how do we turn this into a try. I think you are right Poppa he seems to be a very conservative player and for a young bloke that is most unusual. Maybe he has been told a few things by the coaching staff and he is just following orders. All in all he is going great and these are just further strings he can add to his bow. Geez he is strong and tough for a kid of his size. 

• Yes he's incredibly untalented 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

MeelK replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I'd sign for that."
1 hour ago
LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Look i think it is more than just being put on the Wing. I think Flanno is a reason. Wanting to play semi's is another.
I think a move away will be an awakening for Lomax. He was on with Fltech and Hindy with Lawrie in 2022 and he mimicked Griffin.…"
2 hours ago
AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"600k is OK for the right winger. The Panthers sets are built on what their back 3 do on tackle one. The more momentum at the start of a set the more expansive a team can play but if our back three are getting smashed on tackle one and two it puts…"
2 hours ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Agree , need to keep him. "
2 hours ago
More…