Game day blog - Eels vs Sea Eagles

Here we go again, Manly vs Parra...Gutho's 150th.

The Eels finally get to play at home again tonight after a month playing away and what better occassion to return than a Friday night match up against our old rivals, Manly.

Both teams are coming off losses from last week, but Manly got their pants pulled so far down, Ian Roberts, with John Hopoate in tow, were seen post game sniffing around the sheds.

Does the Turbo play? If he does, let's hope he's playing like a turbo charged 1995 Hyundai Excel. 
We get Marata back and it couldn't be better timing bringing his strong hit ups and utility value. Watch for DCE and Foran to bomb the hell out of Simmonson and Perham. With Sivo and Russel waiting in the wings for a return, they'll need to be flawless.

Our defence through the middle has been frail and will need to be strong tonight otherwise we'll be chasing the score again like last week.

BA has identified our poor starts and hopefully this is addressed tonight otherwise things could get ugly.

Its a big occasion being back home and a prime time, free to air Friday night game and I expect a big performance by the boys and win it for our favourite Manly defector...King Gutho.

So, who wins and by what margin?

MOM?

GO YOU EELS!!!

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Say hi to my son he'll be the tall guy with his head shaved in a Parra jersey 

• Hahaha will say hi to any bloke that fits the bill 

• I think Eels will come out and blow Manly of the paddock.

Hope Gutho follows Rhino alright, Rhino will get some 2nd phase happening.

This game will suit Dylan Brown, and he will shine tonite.

Dylan Brown  MOM. Eels by 14.

• "I think Eels will come out and blow Manly"

Graham you dirty bugger you.

• I think this will be low scoring and a slow burn game. like a 20-12 type feel where we get going towards the middle of the 1st half into the 2nd then Manly have a late surge with 15 or so to go.

And watch as Parramatta put 40 on them hahaha. One area that concerns me is Saab v Perham match up in the air. Perham can catch but in the air it is no competition, Saab will outjump him.

• Saab isn't playing

• Well that was a bad miss by me, im usually on top of team lists.

Well happy days hahaha, Tuipolotu it is then.

• Eels 23 manly 16

Mom moses 

• Parra by 20

Paulo or RCG mom

• Manly 13 Parra 12

MOM DCE with a game winning field goal in the last 5 minutes. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

RustyNuts replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"Personally I don't think gaining Lomax would cost us Talagi. He had a great 1st game and could possibly be better than Lomax when he gets going. He could move to the wing for some time to develop then move to the centres later. If he becomes better…"
1 hour ago
Slippery. replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make

I totally agree with your comments regarding the importance and benefits regarding local juniors at discounted rates, however,  this is only a factor with their 1st contract if they show promise.  Once a player starts showing they have regular…"
1 hour ago
EA replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Nah Tago is a centre who may later transition into the backrow. I believe Turuva will leave the club which is fair enough. I think May will move back to the wing and the Mclean brothers will start making their way into FG. Panthers have Laurie and…"
1 hour ago
EA replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"We definitely need Lomax more than we need Grieg. Plus I back BA to develop gun forwards if we need to. We already have amazing forwards coming through our Matt, SG and Flegg team."
1 hour ago
More…