Game day blog - Eels vs Knights

Well, finals time is here! The Eels are supposedly upbeat, but not overawed according to Bea Arthur and this young team should be better this time round having experienced finals footy the past couple of seasons. Will they be? Fark Nose!

Excluding Sivo and Mahoney, all players are fresh and available for selection. Matterson probably feels a bit hard done by sitting on the sidelines however, there are only so many spots up for grabs and it comes down to who BA can leave out. That's a great problem to have for September footy.

On another note, who's loving how Joey Lussick is playing? I'm really enjoying watching him play and he's been great for us, congratulations to recruitment for getting him on board.

Im hoping that the Eels attack down the Knight's left edge as Bradman Best can be exposed and his defence can be frail. They get a couple of big boppers back in Saiafiti and Klemmer and I'm expecting a low scoring game with a lot of play in the middle third. It's time for the likes of Gutherson, Moses and Brown to stand up and lead the team to a win. That win against the Storm a couple of weeks ago should have the boys full of confidence and ready to make a real statement during this finals campaign.

So, who wins and by what margin?

MOM?

GO YOU EELS!!!

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Oh wow is me.
    My life is so hard. Nothing will ever go right for me.
    After my parents named me Scott no friends, I just sit behind this keyboard and punch out inane comments on a footy team that I'm not sure I even like. Why do I even come to this site? Nothing will ever be good in my life.

Oh woe is me.

• Agree, our 6 and7 need to step up today. I have been a staunch critic of Dylan, the Storm game has me thinking maybe Iam wrong. I hope so.

Castle are a big pack which gas out after 60 minutes. This is where Carty will step up with Gutho following him. Late in the halfs Will at dummy will be dangerous.

Eels by 12   MOM  Junior  Paulo.

PS  I hope Dunster and Penisini have good games and Fergo plays well in defence.

Headin up to Rockhampton for the game.

• This reply was deleted.
      • Thanks mate, fans are 50/50 at the moment.

• Enjoy it mate :) Wish I was there!

• Defense wins games, I see us winning comfortably as our worst defense is better than knights defence the majority of the time. Eels 24 Knights 10.  

• Yep our defence needs to be on song. Castle have Ponga, Mitchell, Mann, Watson who are ball players and Braille is a good number 9.

And Jake Clifford has a excellent kicking game with a big bomb.

If the Eels bring the Storm form they win.

• nervy as hell Grunta reckon its  gonna be a nail bitter 🤞 🤞 

Hope the boys don’t come into this match with complacency. So glad they saw what happened to Penrith @shellshocked and Titans scared the life out of roosters too! living breathing great examples of finals footy - anything can happen 😬

Pongs is a big game player if ever there was one and no Lussick.

Guth n Moses hold your nerve and Moses really needs to show us all how far he has come in that dept 

Really hope the ref doesn’t stuff it up.

Huge game for our club and BA - if we lose this one all hell gonna break loose 😬

stick it up The Kent bad roster smoster! 

• South's parra grandfinal

• Good early call Trent

• Eels by 10+ unless the refs and bunker stuff things up. Papali'i man of match

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

MeelK replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I'd sign for that."
4 hours ago
LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Look i think it is more than just being put on the Wing. I think Flanno is a reason. Wanting to play semi's is another.
I think a move away will be an awakening for Lomax. He was on with Fltech and Hindy with Lawrie in 2022 and he mimicked Griffin.…"
5 hours ago
AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"600k is OK for the right winger. The Panthers sets are built on what their back 3 do on tackle one. The more momentum at the start of a set the more expansive a team can play but if our back three are getting smashed on tackle one and two it puts…"
5 hours ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Agree , need to keep him. "
5 hours ago
More…