Game day blog - Eels vs Knights

Well, finals time is here! The Eels are supposedly upbeat, but not overawed according to Bea Arthur and this young team should be better this time round having experienced finals footy the past couple of seasons. Will they be? Fark Nose!

Excluding Sivo and Mahoney, all players are fresh and available for selection. Matterson probably feels a bit hard done by sitting on the sidelines however, there are only so many spots up for grabs and it comes down to who BA can leave out. That's a great problem to have for September footy.

On another note, who's loving how Joey Lussick is playing? I'm really enjoying watching him play and he's been great for us, congratulations to recruitment for getting him on board.

Im hoping that the Eels attack down the Knight's left edge as Bradman Best can be exposed and his defence can be frail. They get a couple of big boppers back in Saiafiti and Klemmer and I'm expecting a low scoring game with a lot of play in the middle third. It's time for the likes of Gutherson, Moses and Brown to stand up and lead the team to a win. That win against the Storm a couple of weeks ago should have the boys full of confidence and ready to make a real statement during this finals campaign.

So, who wins and by what margin?

MOM?

GO YOU EELS!!!

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• That's true.

• Hey Brissy. Super Netball is good watching mate. Be careful what other sports you criticise. Some of those netballers play harder than some soft NRL players and they have pretty smart coaches - Something that is lacking in the NRL most of the time....

• This reply was deleted.
                  • Good to win Brissy!

• Don't agree on the score Scott, Parra by 12. But do agree it's a different game come finals and if Parra rock up expecting the regular season knights we'll get rolled. I think this team has learnt its lessons about getting cocky and the Titans performance last night was a good reminder

• Agree with your comments Gary  🤞  

• It's pretty cool up here today 

• Both Saifiti and Klemmer not 100% fit, only cleared yesterday...make them run.

Kights will be pumped for 50min or there abouts, rare to see them hard nosed at 70min mark.

We score first, tail up... game over

• Parra 13+

• Start is really important today. Newcastle wilt under pressure so we've got to be at them from the start.

• KEY MATCH UP:

Whoever puts his Penisini Best.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst posted a discussion
GUTHERSON BLAIZES A TRAIL FOR TALAGI AT NO.1 Fatima Kdouh - in Darwin Parramatta coach Brad Arthur has anointed boom rookie Blaize Talagi as the long-term successor to Clint Gutherson at fullback.Talagi, the brightest prospect at the Eels, has…
3 minutes ago
Muttman replied to Axel's discussion Sivo impressing Arthur but Eels recall still on hold
"He's a goer for sure. Runs really hard and enjoys the contact. He's an upgrade on Sivo for sure "
1 hour ago
Poppa replied to Sneaky Pete's discussion Tex Hoy
"Boy, could we do with a winger and a back up fullback? What do you reckon Bradley, could he be a back up? Is he better than say Lume lumie. some of those other first graders currently playing in reggies?
Actually I know fcuk all about him. just a…"
1 hour ago
Axel posted a discussion
Why Friday's clash with the Dolphins might be a tipping point for Arthur and the EelsMike Meehall WoodEditorROAR Friday night’s clash between Parramatta and the Dolphins is likely to be a hot one – and not just because the game is being held in the…
1 hour ago
More…