Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dragons.

Will dead cats bounce?

This is a game the Eels should win looking at the form of both teams, the talent of both teams and the home ground advantage.

Having said this, how many times have we seen a team lose a coach and lift?

This won't happen tonight. The Eels have been winning very ugly, but winning nonetheless.

This game shapes as THE game for the Eels to get back some of that early season, scintilating form. I'm expecting the Eels to not only win, but win by plenty.

Last week's tireless efforts in an absolute quagmire should bid them well. I'm hoping that Sivo tears Norman a new asshole like last year.

Matto back is exciting and I really can't wait to see him on the field again. The ratings should be high and I'd expect a massive game from the Eels' forward pack.

Let's hope that our wingers take some smelling salts before running out tonight.

So, who will win and by what margin?

MOM?

GO YOU EELS!!!

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 1
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I think the young fellas are looking a bit worn out. Dylan and Reed are only kids remember. Last week in the pissing down rain and now another wet night. A few too many plays just went begging. The dropped balls by both of them in the first half cost them a lot of momentum and the game. 

I know that it probably didn't affect the outcome because it went both ways a bit. But how's the ridiculous bunker calls tonight! Reeds try was called a try and there was no conclusive evidence it wasn't. 
     Now you can rake out a ball with the back of your hand. Those two calls led to one of their tries, and cost us one. Fug me !! 

• NRL wanted Mary to get a nice send off.

• 3-2-1 for St George

3 - the bunker

2 - the ref

1 - Shaun fucking useless Lane.

Notice our slide into obscurity is gaining momentum.

Slugg old mate - send your arsehole around and I will kiss it for you.

My prediction 2 weeks ago was we will lose at least 6 of our last 8 games with out lacklustre attitude.

• Can I send you my arse? Slug's busy.

• I’ll put twenty on useless lane 

there’s three letters involved and they may be TAB 

• I'm sure Mahoney try disallowed was a try but we didn't deserve to win this game , and a few other games

•  It'll test our depth, but i think some guys need a rest and freshen up. Their minds as much as anything else.

• Look, I've calmed down a bit. I knew it was going to be a slog this week especially after I saw the forecast and then Mary got the ass mid week - I felt an ambush coming. I still thought we could squeak out another tight win though. To end up losing to the dragons is extremely disappointing. I would've rather lost next week against the Storm then to put out a performance like that.

Extremely disappointing and we can only pray the side can lift to early COVID form next week, cause that's our only hope of staying with them.

• What specifically is everyone crapping on about in regard to Lane? Give specifics. I thought he was very good tonight and I was at the ground. He made several good carts out of our backfield. With the footy he was one of our best. If he missed a tackle that led to a try ok then that isn't good but it happens. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

ParraPride replied to Prof. Daz's discussion R4 V TIGERS: FREUD SAYS ‘WORK THROUGH’ IT, DEAR EELS
"Definitely not!
I see it either being a close game with Parra winning or us winning by over 12 points."
1 hour ago
RustyNuts replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"Personally I don't think gaining Lomax would cost us Talagi. He had a great 1st game and could possibly be better than Lomax when he gets going. He could move to the wing for some time to develop then move to the centres later. If he becomes better…"
3 hours ago
Slippery. replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make

I totally agree with your comments regarding the importance and benefits regarding local juniors at discounted rates, however,  this is only a factor with their 1st contract if they show promise.  Once a player starts showing they have regular…"
3 hours ago
EA replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Nah Tago is a centre who may later transition into the backrow. I believe Turuva will leave the club which is fair enough. I think May will move back to the wing and the Mclean brothers will start making their way into FG. Panthers have Laurie and…"
3 hours ago
More…