Game Day Blog - Eels vs Cowboys

I think for Eels fans, the most exciting thing to watch during tonight's game vs the Cows is big Smokin' Joe playing in Eels colours. Personally, I can't wait to see him line up for us and play the Cows for the second time for him in a week.

Another intriguing thing to see is if the Eels can maintain the form shown vs the Rabbits last week.

A couple of milestones tonight. Ogden plays his 50th game and Hodgson his 150th. We're back at Commbank on a Friday night and let's hope the throw together forward pack can dominate the Cow's pack.

I'm really looking forward to this game and hopefully we can put a score on these guys.

So, who wins and by what margin?

MOM?

GO YOU EELS!!!

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Eels by 20

MOM Brown

• Good morning Grunta . Did you set your alarm this morning? Good to see you back on deck early on game day . LOL .                                                            I think EELS coach and his boys know their playing for the 2 points tonight first and foremost so will have a simpler game plan than was required to beat old time foe and competition leader the Bunny Wabbits .           There will be some moments we will get tested by a team that is desperate to prove they still have it in them after last year's preliminary final loss to our boys and perform better than thier average at best form for most games this year. Despite that should we go into half time not far behind , or even better in front , on the scoreboard , then expect Parra to score at least a further 20 points in the second half ......................................................................................  Parramatta Eels 36 d. NQ Cowboys 12 .                    MAN OF MATCH : Will Penisini 

• Hodges off now the game starts 

• Yeah the tempo usually goes straight up when Hands comes on and hodgo goes off.

• Can't really see the Cowboys being a complete pushover tonight.

They may be missing players also, but they were disgraced last week & Payten doesn't seem like the kind of guy to see the funny side in that scoreline. They would have been torn apart this week & have the extra motivation of the Prelim Final last season.

Big test for our forwards, but regardless of how the battle in the middle goes, our entire spine has to step up, they have no excuses. If its not happening, they need to make it happen.

Eels 28-14, but honestly, just hope we get the 2 points and move into the bye, don't care how ugly a win it is.

• I am confident we will win. Cowboys will be better than last week simply because they have too. But I know some people here will be angry unless we win by 60+

Eels 36 - Cowboys 6 MoM Penisini if he is up against the debutant. Otherwise Moses MoM

• Eels 48-4 ...MoM D Brown.

If they manage to lose this one, the crowd should throw food scraps and half finished drinks at them.

• The loss of our entire forward pack is a big loss.

On the other hand, our entire forward pack has gone missing at times when we play teams we should beat easily. 

Hopefully, this forward pack will want to prove themselves and will roll through the Cowboys. 

I can't see anything but a win for us in this one.

Parra by 60+

MOM Moses

• Eels by 18 points. 

MOM - Hopgood. 

• I think Hopgood will show his leadership qualities tonight, and drag our pack into the contest, leading from the front.

26 - 22.

MOM Hopgood 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

SuperEel 22 replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Gutherson Blaizes a trail for Talagi
"I don't see an issue with Brad bringing him off the bench and giving him NRL game time. Most fullbacks don't debut at fullback. They get slowly brought through either on the wing or off the bench.
He'll no doubt spend time at Cup level throughout…"
4 minutes ago
Coryn Hughes replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Gutherson Blaizes a trail for Talagi
"No issues for mine.
What I do like is he's been given every opportunity and the balls in his court.
Nothing is given to him he has to earn it.I mean if he continues to be given the mentioned you just have to hope he pays it back."
9 minutes ago
Coryn Hughes replied to Parra_Greg's discussion Our New Middle Forwards ?
"That's why they are mentioning a guy like Mitch Barnett because of his workrate this is the body type the game is moving too in the middle.I suspect it's why Moretti is preferred over Grieg as a bench middle.
Look at Jason Taumololo the guy was a…"
18 minutes ago
Tin Tim replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Gutherson Blaizes a trail for Talagi
"I believe BA could bring the best out of Schuster. This player is a natural footballer that's got into bad lazy habits. I know BA could shape him in a top utility if he willing to change his attitude & focuse on his football. BA brought out the best…"
29 minutes ago
More…