Gallen and Gus Write us off

Just watched 100% footy on 9. Gallen doesn't really rate Parra. He said Storm without Smith should beat us and we don't really pose any threat . While Gus says we have a week mindset and can't play well against good teams . He refrenced is getting run over by Roosters beating us after taking a lead with Teddy out also Raiders almost beating us when we were up 24-12. He thinks we beat up on the small teams but can't hang with the big ones . He must of forgot his Panthers only loss was against the Eels , with Panthers up 10 nil with 62 minutes left to win 16-10. They do have some fair points we smashed Broncos in semi and got smashed next week by Melbourne . 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Don't get upset about it, use it as motivation.

If I were BA, these quotes would already be printed off, laminated and stuck on all the players lockers. If that shit couldn't get them up then nothing will.

FYI I do believe we have the team to beat any side this year, question really is, do the players?

• We need to improve, it’s that simple. Brad Arthur knows it, players know it, what are they going to do about it. 

• I think we are fragile mentally.

The idea that we struggle to put together an 80 minute performance on a weekly basis suggests this.

We make stupid errors and let teams back into games like we did against the Dogs.

Its our individuals running the game are the issues for me.There key if these guys can consistently put it together we'll improve if not we'll always have the hit and miss tag.

We have the talent and the strike to go with anyone.For me it's do we have it under pressure between the ears.

Fowards are laying the platform the decision makers and execution must improve if we are to be a realistic chance to win it all.

• BA has a lot to prove as a coach.

I know its trendy to love him at the moment but I can honestly say in his whole tenure and no matter what players we've had we've never played well away from home and we play in patches. I think we're up to 60 something times we've scored 0 points in a half in a game he's coached. We need to be progressing towards being an 80 minute team and quickly as he has no excuses with the roster bar depth in the outside backs and at 9, but for the most part these players havent missed game time to date.

• Paul Gallen .... the only footy player to fail a HIA assessment 18 months after retirement 

• As much as i dislike both, some of what they say is true.Were still 12mths and 2 players away from a grand finals team. The last 4 games are showing we are struggling to compete for the full 80. With MM,s calf restricting his line speed, DB and RM off a bit. Yep no grand final in 2020.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Cumberland Eel replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Exactly "
29 seconds ago
"Didn't get picked due to the concussion protocol is what I've read elsewhere "
43 seconds ago
"Agree"
1 minute ago
LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax