Gallen and Gus Write us off

Just watched 100% footy on 9. Gallen doesn't really rate Parra. He said Storm without Smith should beat us and we don't really pose any threat . While Gus says we have a week mindset and can't play well against good teams . He refrenced is getting run over by Roosters beating us after taking a lead with Teddy out also Raiders almost beating us when we were up 24-12. He thinks we beat up on the small teams but can't hang with the big ones . He must of forgot his Panthers only loss was against the Eels , with Panthers up 10 nil with 62 minutes left to win 16-10. They do have some fair points we smashed Broncos in semi and got smashed next week by Melbourne . 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Both have been there and done that, i tend to agree with them about winning the comp.

I think its possible with some luck but we are off the pace and intensity of the rooters and storm.

They play with killer instincts for 80 every week, we simply dont do that, they play very fast and up tempo smart footy, Gus is right, we are well off doing that every week.

• They're both right. Same old parra if you ask me 

• We are off the pace RIGHT NOW. Can easily change in 8 weeks.

Obviously if we continue playing as we are we won't knock off any of the comp favorites.

• Gallen never rates Parra lol he still hates the joint. We will smash the Sharks. Even if we won the comp he'd have something negative to say.

As for Gus he is still saying we are soft yet we have a won quite a few close games and won ugly on a few occasions so I'm not sure what he is talking about. Yes we lost to the Roosters who were in the middle of a real hot patch - so what ? Anyway proof will be in the pudding. 

• This reply was deleted.
      • I remember 2009 Eels won 8 or 9 straight wins to make semis. It was an achievement plus I liked every player back then.They all had a go plus Hayne. Talking of Hayne what a waste of a career with a God given gift as an athlete. 

• So so so sad and frustrating !!! 

Should be such a warning to young players - keep grounded , stick to your story ( even when you plateau with your passion) grass is not greener on other sides 

Booty calls are NEVER a good idea as an NRL player esp if you are hungry !!!:-/

• Absolutely !!! Lol 

• Who csres what these bufoons have to say about our club? I'm sure BA and the players don't! We don't need these people telling us they don't believe in us, we just need to believe in ourselves. Seriously we need to ignore this type of crap.

• Let em talk, it means nothing

• Gus never forgave Parra for beating him when he was with Newtown back in '81 in the GF. He had it in for Parra ever since. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Prof. Daz’s discussion was featured
Sigmund Freud once said that “one day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful”. With the Eels on-field general and kicking maestro, Mitchell Moses, out for up to 8 weeks with a fractured foot, the Eels will need…
22 minutes ago
Jake replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Could it be Maika to make way for Lomax.
Round 4 deadline. Maika suspended until round 4. Hmmm"
25 minutes ago
Prof. Daz posted a discussion
Sigmund Freud once said that “one day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful”. With the Eels on-field general and kicking maestro, Mitchell Moses, out for up to 8 weeks with a fractured foot, the Eels will need…
31 minutes ago
Poppa replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"Well Lomax will be a lot more expensive, Carty would have been on minimum for most of the time and probably only 350/400 now. Carty is not that marketable unless he sell himself attached to the coach LOL"
1 hour ago
More…