Frankies Blog

Looks like Frankies blog about Magpies blog has now been closed. Oh the irony.

In any case, I'm curious to know why these blogs would be closed? Sure they might be getting a bit long winded and repetitive, but at the very least couldn't the moderator closing the blogs at least post why they are closing them?

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Votes: 0

Replies

• HOE, I think I said JP was creepy. Did I write jerk somewhere? If so I recant jerk. A jerk is foolish and selfish and annoying. JP has some intelligence and spends a lot of time counseling others, so hardly a jerk by that definition.

But he is creepy. There is an unpleasantness about him. It’s not a coincidence he is easily considered a misogynist (it’s just not natural that women lead or be independent) and likely a fascist (the obsession with strength and weakness and contempt for weakness, the cult of tradition, the fear of difference and appeal to social frustrations). 

• Misogyny is a totally natural part of life Daz, it happens in a lot of species and is totally natural and healthy in ours, its completely organic and without it our society would be lightyears behind.

• Snake, I’m so accustomed to reading complete gibberish from you that my reflex is to make some snide remark dismissing you and move on. I blame you for this, just so ya know.

But while you are wrong about misogyny you are at least making an argument. An argument is not gibberish even if it is deemed wrong. I will say below that misogyny is not natural but first Let’s look at what you say.

For the most part, you’re a bit slippery in your wording but I suspect accidentally so. Is misogyny natural? What do you mean by natural? If natural means an unconscious or subconscious distrust or contempt for women, maybe stemming from some early trauma or betrayal, well many psychologists describe misogyny as such. But natural could also mean that patriarchal social structures sustain sexism as an ideology, and some just imbibe those norms unreflectively, and distrusting or having contempt for women seems natural and normal to them. Social and political theorists tend to explain misogyny as such. 

But you carry on after natural with reference to species and to organic. I take it you don’t mean pesticide or GMO free. So you are saying misogyny is hard wired into males? 

For the sake of argument, let’s set aside the disputes that mostly arises here, or whether behavioural psychology is scientific or pseudo-scientific. I side with the latter but can let that go for the moment. Instead, let’s go straight to hard-wired. To discuss the hard-wired claim we first, given this blog, have to note that humans are so distantly related to lobsters you may as well compare us to molluscs. You have to go to chimpanzees, with whom humans share 98% of our genetic code. Now this works out well for you, Snake, because Chimps are arseholes. I mean by this Chimps are violent, sexist brutes. Domineering males control territories and the females within those territories. 

But there is, as you should know by now if debating me, a twist. All is not lost when I say misogyny is not hard wired. Turns out humans also share 98% of our genetic code with bonobos. And bonobos are not arseholes. I think many humans, especially males, even misogynist males, would like to live like the bonobos. Bonobos are polyamorous and have a social structure based around cooperative orgies. Woohoo!!! They are also bisexual and have a matriarchal social structure. Probably a whole bunch of males saying oh, wait, for one reason or the other; but whatever. 

Evolutionary biologist know that Humans split from Chimps and Bonobos about 6 million years ago and that Chimps and Bonobos split from each other much more recently (can’t recall but 1-2 million years ago). More importantly, turns out Chimps and Bonobos are equally related to their common ancestor with Humans, but Bonobos have undergone less genetic drift, suggesting humans are closer to Bonobos than to Chimps. That last part is still being debated, as is whether the evolutionary trail groups humans and Chimps or humans and bonobos.

What does all of this tell us? It tells us that if anything about sexual relations is hard-wired, it’s equally likely humans got the bonobo sexual cooperation and respect as the Chimp violent dominance. Moreover, it tells us it’s most likely we got both. 

Men cant blame biology, evolutionary or not, for being misogynist. We’ve got misogyny and not-misogyny at the least, so the behavioural psychology argument fails.

• Daz in most species we have either male or female dominance.

Some orders like the Praying Mantis and spiders, the females are the king, you could very much say they see males as inferior and expendable.

It works perfectly for their species.

Im putting forward that the human race has been led by men, the entire worlds been explored and built by men, thats organic, women and men have different qualities.

To try and naively bridge the gap and pretend its all not real is doing do to the detriment of man kind.

The strong need to take the world forward as they always have, its natural and its organic.

Daz do you think your makeup is so close to a womans that you genuinely cant tell the difference, there for thinking you are right in this argument?

• Snake, with all those natural and organic gifts you have just by being male, please do explain to us why you turned out to be a complete loser and a low life?

• Haha, you had no answer for that did you daz, thus the low life and loser comments.

Snake-17941  

Daz- O/donut

When do you think your first point will be Daz?

• Snake, I just think my answer was too witty for you. Certainly more inventive than your lame lipstick joke!

Let me translate: with all you claim nature bestowed upon you, just by being male, should you not be King Shit? And if you're not, gee, how do you explain that? Hmmmm, either you're a loser or you are wrong about organic male superiority! 

PS: you're implying you would detect any point made? Nooooooope

Daz: points always still counting

Snake: point always in the past

• Daz witty is not overused insults, you'll have to lift your game.

And i am king shit in my island of turds, ive got it great atm Daz.

I thank the universe.

• lipstick joke?

• Snake can you imagine if Daz had to bump into the Fong while  I visit  my little Nephew at Uni in a couple of weeks?    

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Hell On Eels replied to Hell On Eels's discussion R8 v Manly: The Rise and Fall of the Eels
"Thanks, Muttman. Yeah, spot on. Our footy board is largely bankers-based. That's an issue related to cultural problems; which appear to be coming home to roost this year. Our R&R committee largely relies on Arthur and O'Niell for footy nous, and…"
2 minutes ago
Electric Eel 2 replied to Electric Eel 2's discussion Lomax is a freak
"Nothing to do with Lomax Mutts."
2 minutes ago
Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst replied to Electric Eel 2's discussion Lomax is a freak
"Well after 11yrs I'd take Flanagan any day."
3 minutes ago
Hell On Eels replied to Hell On Eels's discussion R8 v Manly: The Rise and Fall of the Eels
"NOS, that's such high praise coming from you, bro. 
I agree with everthing you said.
It's going to be interesting to see what happens this week."
8 minutes ago
More…