Frankies Blog

Looks like Frankies blog about Magpies blog has now been closed. Oh the irony.

In any case, I'm curious to know why these blogs would be closed? Sure they might be getting a bit long winded and repetitive, but at the very least couldn't the moderator closing the blogs at least post why they are closing them?

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Votes: 0

Replies

• OK Tad, what parts of "religion" would you keep, and what parts would you ignore ?

• Daz the pay gap between women and men and the fact that men are generally running the world in business and politics is organic, its not a fabricated thing and it hasnt happened by chance,

Its been organic Daz.

The only way women can change things is through introducing quotas like what the left wants to do.

The left isnt interested in who is really good at a job, all they are interested in is giving the weak a faux leg up while shouting everybody is equal.

• Again, Snake, you reason from an obvious premise none deny to a conclusion not contained in the premise. 

Yes men and women are different. Women can give birth and men cannot, and men produce more testosterone than women. We could continue to populate the list.

But what happens is right wingers look at social outcomes and reason backwards from them to posit biological differences as the sufficient cause. The mistake in that reasoning is the same mistake you would make if you were naive enough to say the Roosters have won two straight premierships because of the superior biology of their l,ayers alone. Nothing to do with training or club culture or cap rorting. Nothing at all. The mistake here is two-fold. That differences can solely be accounted for by biology and that leads to failing to think about how biological and social causation might be mutually involved.

Remember, your reasoning commits you to things like the Storm won 2009 because of innately superior talent and nothing to do with cap rorting. If you deny that conclusion you may also wish to think a bit more deeply about the way factors other than biology cooperate with biology to produce outcomes. 

And finally, you know your reasoning is a little shoddy if it is easily flipped. The right isn’t interested in who can do a good job, all they are interested in is giving the strong a faux leg up while shouting everyone is unequal. By the way, that formula is Fascism, which is why the alt right bleeds fascism.

• Yep, got me there Brett!

• This is why I like to make the distinction between "Religion" & "Faith".

Religion is a system of laws without Mercy.

Faith is a platform for righteosness fulfilled by Grace.

Take the Ten Commandments. When God handed them down to Moses, they were intended for a people, ie the Israelites, who had just escaped 400 years of brutal slavery under the hand of Egypt. They had been indoctrinated in the pagan ways of Egypt, Pharoah & the Egytptian gods. They hadn't heard from YHWH the entire time. So the Commandments was God's way of giving Israel a crash course if you will in how He wanted them to live. But Israel, with Israel being a microcosm of humanity in general, made the The Ten Commandments into gods themselves. Keeping the Commandments became their idol. 

Today, more than ever, The Law has been elevated into an idol to be worshipped. The very principle of "legal precedent" is a prime example of that. As great as the Ten Commandments were, they were never meant to supplant a direct relationship with God. They were meant as an opening pathway to His Presence. Now that doesn't mean the Commandments are outdated or to be done away with, those principles for good living still apply, but it's when those laws are applied through the prism of Grace & Mercy that we truly have peace & justice.

I was going to do a big thing on The Ten Commandments, but Ben Shapiro says it better than I can.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ben+shapiro+liberty+un...

As for what you ignore,

Fanaticism .... Are you a fanatical Eels supporter ? I am. Fantacism, or more precisely passion is not innately evil. It is amoral. It is an emotive force. As my Senior Pastor is fond of saying "Passion is the great persuader". What people do with their passion is a very different thing.

Preaching hate .... The problem with that term is the notion of what constitutes "hate". In the end it is also just an emotive force, it cannot hurt us or control us no matter what. I have been accused of many hateful things on this site by many people, but I don't care what they think. It doesn't mean I like it, it's unpleasant, but in the end as 1 John 4:4 says, "Greater is He that is in Me, then he that is in the world.". God and I together are the majority. The entire world can call me a racist, sexist, misogynist bigot till their blue in the face, but the Bible say that I am a child of the Living God, and that is the final authority of the matter in my life.

Telling non believers they will go to Hell if they don't believe select interpretations that don't fit your soul.

Whilst I don't agree with how Izzy went about communicating his message, I can't say he was spectacularly in the wrong. His view is slightly off kilter IMO, but the essence is Biblically accurate. This isn't an interpretation, this is a direct excerpt from the Bible. The problem with the collective outrage is silly because you either a) don't believe the Bible, in which case none of what he said means anything, or b) you do believe the Bible, in which case he was essentially right.

The Bible is clear that the only way to enter the Kingdom of God / Heaven is through the Blood of Jesus. The Bible is clear you cannot access the Father any other way.

You cannot just "do unto others as you would have them do to you" and be reconciled to Him, although that is a good life principle.

You cannot just study & memorise the Bible to the last comma and expect to gain access to the Father, although again that is a good thing to do.

You can't just loosely believe in Jesus' general teachings or philosophy and expect to for Him to say, "Welcome my good and faithful servant".

You can't just live a good life and be welcomed into Heaven on your passing. God isn't going to sit there and say, "Well you ignored Me your whole life but hey, your good deeds outweighed your bad deeds so, come into my Eternal Presence that I have otherwise reserved for those who fully submitted their lives to Me."

That's not how it works.

This is the point that Izzy was making, albeit clumsily.

Furthermore, the Bible requires us to align our souls to His Word, to submit our will to His Will, not the other way round. If the Bible offends your soul, then you either need to stop reading the Bible or reexamine where your soul is sitting.

Having others control your life through fear

No one can take control of your life unless you allow them to, regardless of what their M.O is, whether it's fear or love.

ben shapiro liberty university - YouTube
                      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                    • I don't see it as "submitting all my personal power to a belief system which has a lot of loose ends around it".

I see it as aligning my personal power with the highest power, which actually releases it to achieve its potential. I don't see any loose ends at all. It's really a very simple belief system.

The modern world misunderstands the idea of submission. The world says if you want to be the greatest, you have to trample over everyone else. The Bible says if you want to lead you have to humble yourself. Its counterintuitive to post modern culture.

Eastern culture understands far better the value in giving honour to those in authority.

• The old days of fire & brimstone preaching is pretty much over. I'm sure you could still dig the odd one up here & there, but for the most part it's a thing of the past.

But again you're missing the point. 

People nodding in agreement doesn't mean they have given up their individuality necessarily. Again, I've no doubt that for some that is the case, but for most it is because they actually do agree.

My relationship with God is deeply personal & unique to me, as it is with most Christians, it is a relationship after all. But we are also called to worship corporately, the Bible is clear that there is no place for "Lone Ranger" Christians. We are stronger in community.

That's the case in every aspect of life. Why do we love going to BankWest Stadium instead of ANZ Stadium, because the atmosphere is better and that atmosphere is created by 30,000 people unified by a singular purpose, our love for the Eels. You could just easily make the argument that supporting the Eels the way we do is also submitting choice of use of personal power.

We do so because it is empowering to be part of something larger than ourselves.

• On the contrary, my relationship with God underpins everything I do. When my relationship with Him is in a good place, so is my relationship with my kids, my parents, my extended family, even my ex. My life exists in balance because I prioritise Him. 

I have many other interests in life, not in spite of my relationship with Him, but because of it. 

The Bible makes this clear, Matthew 6:33 says “Seek first the Kingdom of God and all these things will be added unto you”. 

• Prof Daz, Let's agree to disagree.

To mock JP's view's that heirachies exist, is not reality-based.

From humans to chimps, bonobos, rats, whales, hyenas & lobsters - matriachal or patriachial heirachies exist.

Painting JP as some sort of "uncharitable", misogynistic, chauvinistic pig is also non-factual & misrepresentative.

Even the progressive-left Guardian disagrees with you, calling it lazy zero-sum thinking.

Gender "equal opportunity" & "equal choices" is something JP unwaiveringly supports; arguing as many competent people as possible is the best way forward.He also admits things could be fairer in the west, but they're pretty fair.

JP also admits woman & men are much more similar than different but does point out there are differences, too. Which is realistic.

But, yes, he's against the radical left & right: against boot-forced quasi-Marxist "equality of outcome".

It makes sense. You wouldn't force woman into bricklaying jobs unless they really wanted to, into a contrived 50-50 ratio. Or force men into nursing jobs unless they choose it themselves freely. Or equalise prison gender ratios.

Why not allow people, of either gender, to choose what jobs they want? 

Regardless of whether is spills from postmodernist's scepticism or not, JP has some valid points re feminists and the radical-left.

To reduce things to a tryannical Patriachal Capitalist World Order set up so "men" in the west can enjoy its fruits - is a gross oversimplification & misleading. More men commit suicide than woman. It's almost another paranoid conspiracy theory we hear on here (e.g. Left Progressives manipulating the world on Pinocchio's strings).

I concede JP does have some conservative and traditionalist notions with some christian values. He has made it clear he supports the institution of marriage & monogamous relationships and anti-abortion with caveats. It renders a more complex position on gays, but ultimately admits he would personally accept gay marriage as it allows a better integration into society:

JP stands for many positive things. In his talks & clinical work as a psychologist he's helped thousands of woman & men, helping them excel in their careers & life. The proof is in the pudding. I'm also confident you intend to & help many as well.

What the left gets wrong about Jordan Peterson | J Oliver Conroy
                One might think that by now progressives would figure out that vilifying Peterson almost always redounds to his advantage. One would be wrong, writes…
  • Who cares what a Roosters supporter blogs, footy can’t come quick enough. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

MeelK replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I'd sign for that."
44 minutes ago
LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Look i think it is more than just being put on the Wing. I think Flanno is a reason. Wanting to play semi's is another.
I think a move away will be an awakening for Lomax. He was on with Fltech and Hindy with Lawrie in 2022 and he mimicked Griffin.…"
1 hour ago
AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"600k is OK for the right winger. The Panthers sets are built on what their back 3 do on tackle one. The more momentum at the start of a set the more expansive a team can play but if our back three are getting smashed on tackle one and two it puts…"
1 hour ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Agree , need to keep him. "
1 hour ago
More…