Frankies Blog

Looks like Frankies blog about Magpies blog has now been closed. Oh the irony.

In any case, I'm curious to know why these blogs would be closed? Sure they might be getting a bit long winded and repetitive, but at the very least couldn't the moderator closing the blogs at least post why they are closing them?

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Votes: 0

Replies

• Poppa, when the halves are DBrown & MMoses, Joey. 
                    But if our halves were Todd Carney and Sandow, bring in every shrink you can find

• I just read in the local rag that Todd Carney has moved to town and will be coaching one of the junior teams.

• He's shagging some local sheila who was on that show married at first sight. Obviously things didn't work out for her so Toddy will have to do. Footy I think, well he was holding a ball in the photo.

• It depends on what the skill is.

If it's skill required to repair some brain trauma, I'll go with the trained neuro surgeon, but if it's to teach brainwash kids, 4 years at Uni isn't needed. The ABC and the other lying channels do a good enough job

• Frank, you're half right. Brain trauma, get the neuro-surgeon. 
                    Teaching the kids?  Nah, your conspiracy theory is still rubbish

• Though, Tad, to be fair, we probably should not drive too much of a wedge between professional and academic. Professional really amounts to a bounded community that socializes, trains and certifies new members. And thus physicists and plumbers are professionals in that sense. I know people don't always use the term professional that way but that reflects undervaluing skills like plumbing and not quite understanding what makes a profession. How relevant academics becomes often  reflects the scope of the problem set. For instance, I was watching a Netflix sci-fi show last month and the plot had some space ship cruising to some distant planet and the hydro-engineer was also the fixer of the toilet. Now the character was Dr this or that and the scope of their problem set was supposed to stretch from basic plumbing to how fluids flow in different gravitational fields. Geek shit but plot relevant as they had to settle a planet with two suns and different gravity. How to get a toilet going on the new planet. 
                  Most skills-based practices involve some degree of professionalization and professions vary in the scopes of their problem sets, with more open ended problem sets benefiting from some academic training 

• This reply was deleted.
                    • The difference between us Plumbers and the Gynea, they're cheaper but at least we dig up our mistakes they bury theirs

• That's happened a heap to my children this last year.

Obvious errors called out, they accept the error and then won't amend the result. Like what the fuck??

• Meelk, I heard the volume of a tank was as deep as a conspiracy theory?

• That was a genuine post...

P.S. Volume and depth are two different merhods of measurement...you should know that :)

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Colin Good replied to Hell On Eels's discussion R8 v Manly: The Rise and Fall of the Eels
"Parra have a hard road ahead in playing these teams twice Panthers Storm manly Roosters Brocos and South's "
5 minutes ago
LB replied to LB's discussion BA's Round 8 presser
"If we win, I'll openly say how wrong I was and I'm not afraid to do that. Let's hope I am wrong EA."
12 minutes ago
LB replied to LB's discussion BA's Round 8 presser
"We've had an issue of Brown not playing how he should due to organising. Now we have a named a Halfback and still will be organising.
But at the end of the day it doesn't matter if you cannot defend and don't have the attitude, you are right Coryn."
13 minutes ago
Coryn Hughes replied to LB's discussion BA's Round 8 presser
"Seriously we don't need to be worrying what Sanders or DB do with the ball we don't.
If Sanders Lane and co can't  hold up on there side the argument what we do with the ball is moot right.
Its what we do without the ball that is the key to our…"
20 minutes ago
More…