EXCLUSIVE: Shane Flanagan's Eels reunion would be 'invaluable', says Peter Sterling

Flanagan's input 'invaluable'

WATCH AND READ

1 / 20
><

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 1
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• BA isn’t a loser but he is limited in many areas. He shouldn’t be afraid to get the best possible help in as this may end up lengthening his career after Parra. But if he resists, I doubt he will find another first grade role at any other club that has premierships as their main goal.

• Well said frank 

• Agree Frank.  Watching post games pressers with BA, even with a win under the belt he is still prepared to not just make excuses for the players, OR HIMSELF one can see how he hurts with losses, he certainly made that clear enough after our last game, I don't see him looking thankfull for any loss and I doubt any coach would be either. Difference is that a number of other coaches chuck tantrums, accompanied by a water bottle out the window or, let loose at the refs or other reasons other than their own. BA no doubt makes his hurt known but does it also in a respectful manner.

With nothing of note on the box tonight, I had a look at my recorded game at Bega following the fires down there, between the riff & parra, the game ended in a 22-22 draw, the eels towards the end had a fair number of the main players off with jnr players on the field, they did well even allowing for the refs not seeing the niggles by the riff in tackles so nil penalties, worst part was listening to goul & flapper fred in how they talked about the greatness of the riff, the draw brought them back to earth, though only a little.

• Agree Frank, doubt BA would get a HC role anywhere else in the NRL.

• Yes he did - he also had some players on peppys and he was involved in some issues too.

• he did wonders for the dragons

• Smartest thing Sterlo has ever said, Flanno is the man we need and BA needs to be paid out early.

We cant keep letting big opportunities go coach wise.

Ive little doubt we are already in contact with him behind the scenes

• This reply was deleted.
      • Brissy, ba could be paid out for his last year.  I'd be bringing flanno in asap as an assistant 

• ASAP

• I agree Chief.  We need really good assistants for the head coach.  I believe Flanno might just be the personality to help give the players that hard edge and winners mentality.  

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

RustyNuts replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"Personally I don't think gaining Lomax would cost us Talagi. He had a great 1st game and could possibly be better than Lomax when he gets going. He could move to the wing for some time to develop then move to the centres later. If he becomes better…"
1 hour ago
Slippery. replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make

I totally agree with your comments regarding the importance and benefits regarding local juniors at discounted rates, however,  this is only a factor with their 1st contract if they show promise.  Once a player starts showing they have regular…"
1 hour ago
EA replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Nah Tago is a centre who may later transition into the backrow. I believe Turuva will leave the club which is fair enough. I think May will move back to the wing and the Mclean brothers will start making their way into FG. Panthers have Laurie and…"
1 hour ago
EA replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"We definitely need Lomax more than we need Grieg. Plus I back BA to develop gun forwards if we need to. We already have amazing forwards coming through our Matt, SG and Flegg team."
1 hour ago
More…