First trial; Who are we excited to watch?

Our 2023 campaign starts somewhat on Saturday with a trial against Penrith. Considering this is the first trial it is believed majority of the team will be reserve graders bar some. I think players that will play round 1 or have a chance that will play Saturday are; Russell, Dunster, Ogden, Makatoa and JA. Matterson i think could get a game aswell to get some match preparation for round 4.

I am excited to see Russell as i believe he will play Centre on Saturday to prepare for Round 1. Dunster also to see how he has recovered from his ACL, PCL and MCL tears.

I think this will be the team as follows

1. Rankin

2. Dunster

3. Cini

4. Russell

5. Loizou

6. Asi (if injured perhap Jack A Williams)

7. Arthur

8. Ogden

9. Rein

10. Makatoa

11. Momoisea

12. Mataele

13. Rodwell

Bench just randomly

Greig, Matterson, Brown, Lumelume, Hands, Yates, Taumoepenu, plus more but heading into NSW contract territory.

I am also excited to see how Mataele plays as he is a kid that could be the future at 12 above Doorey and Momoisea.

I think there is a chance though we could see Doorey and Momoisea start in the back-row with the sole purpose of them two battling it out for no. 12  jersey in round 1.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• All pre-season matches are live on Fox League and Kayo Adnan.

• I just hope the guys that show potential are given genuine opportunities to play regularly in firsts and put pressure on all those who feel they have their positions sown up. Merit and performance should be rewarded.The team culture should be based on internal competition and players encouraged to support the notion that those who achieve should be rewarded for their efforts even if it means losing their positions. The focus should be completely about rewarding effort which contributes to values around team performance 

• I would like to see bench players spend more time on field.Maybe close to equal time to those they replace. Greater development experience and great to counter fatigue and intensity performance. Just a thought to consider 

• Well I sincerely hope Brendan Hands plays instead of Mitch Rein. I also hope BA flogs Wiremu Greig into something approaching footy shape. 

• This and I hope Yates shows something also.

• Wiremu as an impact 15 min poke holes in em everywhere

• Rankin still in the reserve grade squad?, this is madness,  it should be a young player developing his game.

• They havent stepped up yet.

• Russell is afullback

• Surely we have a better young option as backup fullback than that bloke.  

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Angry Eel replied to Angry Eel's discussion Dragons and Lomax
"I can't remember anyone saying he can't coach. It makes you wonder what he's feeding the dragons 💊 lol"
2 minutes ago
EA replied to Angry Eel's discussion Dragons and Lomax
"People sayid Flanagan can't coach in the modern game. Their defence in the first 20min was remarkable. Flanagan is tough on his players and hold them accountable. They are smashing the warriors with his son in the halves, an injury prone hooker and…"
5 minutes ago
Angry Eel posted a discussion
Lomax absolutely killing it tonight. 2 point FG, try, throws a 20m cut out pass to put Suli away unmarked. There is no way Flanagan is letting Lomax go this year while they are winning games and Lomax having the impact he is. Flanagan and the…
18 minutes ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Bushie's [BA] to 5 signings?
"Who were the boof heads who said they don't think Lomax would be a good signing ?   Maybe BA needs to step aside and become Bennett's head of recruitment and get rid of those boneheads we have at the moment . 
we have MON and Rogers's crew getting…"
25 minutes ago
More…