Fergo Rumour

Hey folks I don't normally like to post rumours unless I think they have substance but I'll post this to see if anyone else has heard anything.

Apparently we are looking at Fergo Medically retiring and then freeing up his contract for next year.

Obviously it's a rumour it came from someone who normally has some good info admittedly he isn't a Eels fan but his info about another team is usually spot on.

Anyone else heard this??

Anyway it's off season so that's the best time for rumours 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I wouldn't be surprised. 

• I have been wondering how he was getting on, would not be surprised actually because I don't think he has been healthy for most of the season.

Gould (I think) made reference to an ongoing knee problem when he went down.

Bloody shame that good players go out like this - IF it is true.

• If it's true.

It wouldn't be a surprise if it is true in fairness medically retired is a better option for players now then what teams had previously this way your wage is succured and the club gets salary cap relief 

Bunnies love a good medical retirement 

• & bad ones as well.

Said this earlier, Fergs has had issues most of this year especially his knees, has been caught out badly doing things that he would have normally had no qualms about, from last years tries, how many to 2 or was it 3 this year?

If there's any truth in itm then we have need for a 2nd centre, depending on the B and MJ.

• Tom Opacic - Blake to wing

Surely Dunster has to come into the equation with Sivo out for half the season from what we were hearing earlier.

Back line starting to look a bit shaky imo.

• Sivo's injury was an MCL. A grade 3 MCL tear is 4-8 weeks. So he should be fit for pre - season worst case scenario. 

• I haven't seen anything at all from Dunster to suggest he will do anything. Maybe there is some truth in French coming back

• He's only had one full game in the NRL this season, he's played in trials and for his age shows good speed also he does not simply stay on his wing because he is picked there, in his first and last game he was excellent in the way he followed the play especially in defence and pushing the attackers away from the middle.  He's still very young and has a future, of course we could just ignore him and have other clubs sign him. 

Given his one game form is not much to go on besides his trial games, at his point of playing and comparing to French at the same age, Dunster is a far better option for me.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

MeelK replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I'd sign for that."
1 hour ago
LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Look i think it is more than just being put on the Wing. I think Flanno is a reason. Wanting to play semi's is another.
I think a move away will be an awakening for Lomax. He was on with Fltech and Hindy with Lawrie in 2022 and he mimicked Griffin.…"
2 hours ago
AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"600k is OK for the right winger. The Panthers sets are built on what their back 3 do on tackle one. The more momentum at the start of a set the more expansive a team can play but if our back three are getting smashed on tackle one and two it puts…"
2 hours ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Agree , need to keep him. "
2 hours ago
More…