Eels vs Broncos 3, 2, 1

Very good high intensity effort tonight for the competition restart. Considering the long layoff I thought our attack was better than expected, although we had all the field position it must said. The Broncos were also very meek in the second half and offered little resistance. All in all great result and well done to the NRL for getting the comp up again.

3. Mahoney

2. Lane

1. Paulo

MOTM
Mitchell Moses
Dylan Brown
Clint Gutherson
Waqa Blake
Maika Sivo
Michael Jennings
Blake Ferguson
Shaun Lane
Ryan Matterson
Marata Niukore
Junior Paulo
Reed Mahoney
Reagan Campbell-Gillard
Kane Evans
Peni Terepo
Ray Stone
Brad Takairangi
Created with Quiz Maker

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 3. Reg - I thoughts the Dogs man handled him in rnd 1 but tonite he went Tarantino on any shit colour jersey in his path.

2. Marata - you comin from the bench Rnd 5 Cyborg!?

1. Dylbags - shit hair cut but I didnt notice cause I thought I was watching Shaun Johnson, step shimmy step...thru

whole team was brilliant 

Stone? bit rag dolled again :( and Staggs the mud dog high shot, judiciary better pick that up

Evans them lanky sticks I wait to snap but must be rubber tree

Jnr had the shits he was taken orf....Lov this fella, skilfully and at times delicately bulldozed and ploughed his 123kg's thru QLD's most hallowed turf... like a B - double dodging roo's

Matto - how's his hands! No wonder he thinks he's a Half & a neat little kick to boot. If Brown go down forget Smith n Co. Big power plays too, better lateral than when at Tigga's

Lane - turnin himself into Hindy, not tackle totals but he's always there for a crucial tackle that a fwd shouldn't have the right to make

im still buzzin from this game

• 3. RCG

2. Reed

1The King.

Kudos to everyone!

• 3- Paulo

2- D Brown

1- Guth

• This reply was deleted.
    • Agreed Brizzy. Our pack was on fire, which set the platform nicely. I though both halves controled their turf well, Gutho was everywhere at the back and our outside backs did their job very well. Hard to pick a MOM.

• 3 Mahoney

2 Paulo 

1 Dylan Brown/ Matterson 

• There is such a variety and no particular standout which shows how well everyone played. Jenko was brilliant too.

How good was Dyls again? This kid is special. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Every time he takes possesion, it's like time stops. Anything can happen. He mesmerises the defence just like Benji and Hayne would. Step, step, jink, shimmy, skip, swerve, big left and then dart. He's a smart kid constantly looking to pick out the slowest forwards to run to and around. He looks for the hit and spin. He's spewing football intelligence and can hold his rag. Nothing fazes him. Brilliant 1 on 1 tackler too even on bigger men.

If there is a player that can take us to premiership glory it's Dylan Brown. Not Mitch Moses. I say this despite Mitch being my favorite Parra player.

• 3. Junior Paulo

2. Dylan Brown

1. Mitch Moses

• All played well

Stone seems to have really improved his passing. If can keep that consistent he could make a good dummy half - back up at least. Maybe given his size this could be his position.

Jenko was great and his linking to Sivo has been a big improvement. If BA can teach Jennings to pass to hi winger maybe he can teach Waqa. We are not using Fergo now Taka is not centre.

• Just some thoughts from the game

1) I loved the control & patience in Mitch's game. If this continues, the NSW #7 jersey will be his for a decade.

2) I loved seeing Dylan Brown taking on the line and using his footwork. I actually think 5/8 is his spot. He might finish his career in the 7 jersey, a bit like Kevvie Walters did for the Broncos, but I see him as a geniune 6.

3) This is hard to say, but I thought we looked more fluent in attack with Niukore in 13 as opposed to Nathan Brown. Now Brownie is this teams emotional barometer and there is no question he comes straight back into the team, but the more direct style of Niukore seems to suit this teams personnel a bit better. Food for thought for BA & Brownie.

4) The more Gutho sticks to sniffing around the ruck & the middle 3rd, the better we are as a team. He's a solid sweep fullback & ballplayer, but he is far more effective pushing up in support of Junior looking for offloads. If I'm BA, I'm telling him let Mitch, Dylan & Reed direct the team, and just continue to push up in support.

5) Is there a better pair of edge backrowers in the game right now than Shaun Lane & Ryan Matterson ?

• 5) Both brilliant ball playing forwards. Sweet hands.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Mitchy replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Yeah fine if we can snag him but I'd not be paying the full amount. He's not worth that for us!  Maybe $400-500z "
8 minutes ago
Longfin Eel replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I also think we are in need of wingers rather than centres. It's likely Lomax would find himself on the wing at some stage in Parra anyway."
16 minutes ago
Kurupt - Monkey Magic replied to Johnny Suede's discussion ‘How disappointing is that’': Tigers greats Benny Elias and Steve Roach ‘invited by Parra’ amid bizarre series of snubs
"Yep"
25 minutes ago
Kurupt - Monkey Magic replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"All this talk and he'll probably sign with the dogs, I believe they promised him fullback. "
27 minutes ago
More…