8224466855?profile=RESIZE_710x

The Parramatta Eels have unveiled a mural in the Parramatta CBD featuring Clint Gutherson, Mitch Moses and Junior Paulo to celebrate two new major partnerships deals with Macron, Lending Association, and a multi-year extension with one of its key major partners ActronAir.

Eels major partner ALAND will again be front and centre of the Eels playing kit for 2021.

The mural, which was displayed in Parramatta’s Centenary Square on Friday, is designed by ‘Jeswri’ who hails from the Western Suburbs of Sydney and will become a key feature of the Eels game day activation of Parramatta city in 2021.

Despite the challenges of 2020, the Eels have not only acquired new major corporate partnerships but also currently sit at No.1 on the NRL Membership ladder with its highest ever pre-Christmas number of 26,021 Members.

Parramatta Eels CEO, Jim Sarantinos, thanked all Eels members for their ongoing passion and loyalty and welcomed our new partners for season 2021.

“The strength of the Eels brand and its iconic position within Western Sydney are key to corporate partners wanting to align with our Club.  

“We know that our profile and large supporter base within the country’s third largest economy plays a vital role in making our Club an increasingly attractive proposition for corporate partners nationally and globally.  

“Our Club has secured a long-term partnership with one of the strongest sportswear companies in the world in Macron and we are also welcoming one of the fastest growing financial services companies in Australia in Lending Association.

“Alongside the renewal of one of our major partners in ActronAir and some exciting partnership announcements to come, our Club is ready to build on our commercial growth even further in 2021 which I am sure will be welcomed by our Members and supporters,” Mr Sarantinos said.

The Parramatta Eels finished second for Membership in the NRL last season and have already seen a strong rate of renewals so far to its 2021 Membership program.

“After such a challenging year for everyone, we are so proud and humbled with the unprecedented number of Members who have already renewed for 2021,” he said.

“This achievement is a credit to the entire Blue and Gold army – we are biased, but we think they are the best supporters in rugby league and continue to be our Club’s greatest asset.

“We love nothing more than seeing our members and supporters turn out at our games and hopefully in 2021 we can see our fans return in the numbers we saw in our first year at Bankwest Stadium.”

Summary of the partners joining the Parramatta Eels for Season 2021.

ALAND

Leading property development and construction company ALAND is the Principal Partner of the Parramatta Eels and has been a major corporate partner since 2017.

In 2019 ALAND renewed its Principal partnership which will again see it feature on the front and back of the Eels’ home and away jerseys in Season 2021.

‘’ALAND has kept constant momentum across our projects during the COVID-19 pandemic, we have continued to acquire, build, and complete developments and are firm believers of shaping tomorrow’s future, today.

“ALAND and our clients that bought in the Paramatta catchment are big fans of the Parramatta Eels and we are very happy to be continuing our relationship with the team. We would like to thank the Parramatta Eels for their continued support in this partnership and we look forward to another successful year together in 2021.’’ 

Macron

Macron further cements its reputation as a brand leader in the world of rugby league with the announcement of its first partnership in the Australian NRL with a multi-year agreement being made with the top side Parramatta Eels.

The Eels were founded in 1947 and have a successful sporting past, particularly during the ‘80s when they were league champions 4 times. Their name derives from the original Aboriginal name for Parramatta – Barramattagal – which means ‘the place where the Eels live’ and intrinsically links them to their territory and community.

“Partnering with Parramatta Eels is a very important step for us” said Gianluca Pavanello, CEO of Macron, “The world of Australian rugby league is so rich with history and tradition and we are happy to have the chance to produce the sportswear that the club will wear and bring a bit of Italian style as well as our focus on quality and performance to each of the unique products that we will provide. We are sure that both the players and the fans will love them.”

The full collection that will be worn by the club has been designed as part of a collaborative effort between the Italian based designers of Macron and the Eels. As is always the case with Macon, the aims is to provide elegant, high performance products that will support the players in their quest to become champions and make the club the best looking one in the country.

ActronAir

The Parramatta Eels today announced an extension with major partner ActronAir which will see the long-term relationship between two Western Sydney icons extended for a further three years.

“Maintaining strong relationships with partners who have similar values is important to us as an organisation. That is why we are delighted to extend our relationship with the Eels for a further three more years,” ActronAir Director Robert Mundy said.

“Like ActronAir, the Eels are synonymous with Western Sydney and we look forward to supporting them as they continue their drive towards success in the NRL in the years to come.”

Lending Association

The Eels have also signed a new multi-year partnership with Lending Association, one of the fastest growing, most respected, and trusted financial services companies in Australia.  Bill Constantinidis, Director, Lending Association welcomed the new partnership:

“We are super excited to partner with the Eels and share in the support and opportunities the relationship offers our customers, staff, the fans and ultimately community.

“As a leading Australian financial services company, we share many core values in our authentic, hard-working commitment to our clients’ wealth creation and success. We are long-standing supporters of the club and look forward to our joint success, and big wins throughout the season.”

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Ohhhh, right, now it makes sense. When I first saw it I thought we'd signed Johnny Drama, John Cena and Jayson Bukuya..

• That is v good Kram. I was not sure it was Junior....and the first pic could be a clean shaven Hindy!!

• I don't mind Macron. At least they are a reputable brand unlike ISC or X Blades. And I'm happy they put the logo on the chest rather than the sleeves which looked horrible.

• I would have preferred the Mural focused on Parramatta football,it’s,heritage,enthusiasm game community support and an identity of tribalism around promoting the heart and soul of the Eels. Trying to appease corporate sponsorship should not be about formulating our identity. I thought the Covid experience was a good opening to think differently around our values and push us more towards a caring community aspiration rather than going backwards and putting our aspirations around worshipping Corporate identity..There will be a world wide push to address a new world look at what changes people want in how they live.We should look for opportunity to be more progressive. Community passion identity should be about Corporates knocking on our door to be part of our show rather than we knocking on their doors.

• From my perspective, the mural is basically average at best, while I understand and agree with having a mural but what really does it represent, outside of 3 current players, which are not great representations of them, the emphasis on sponsors with the jersey layout is good for the sponsors and I guess for the crowds as well.

While I am not advocating photo's of the 3 players, I do believe the artist could have been better with their facial images, & I get sick of seeing repeats of MM's mouth open screaming from one try moment, and that's not taking away from him his abilities as a player.

I would much prefer to have seen the mural cover the history of the eels, beginnings, premiership years and todays team/club, showing the primary badges over the same three periods, along with the jersey's and rather than just 3 of todays players, why not a player from each era?

Parramatta is in and has been in a continual state of change, having moved into the area as a 3 year old in 1950, the changes are phenonimal, but how much more than many other locations?   While I don't live in the past, there was a lot of good times and memories, both before and after the era of sponsorships, I am proud of my eels territory life, as well as happy with the times I had, even the crook ones, as such why not something that represents not just now but also our history?

• This could help the Artist Colin 

Bridgman's Complete Guide to Drawing From Life | Zookal Textbooks | Zookal Textbooks

• You're missing the point of the mural Tad, it's not for you or me, it's for the next generation of kids, and they don't care about Ken Thornett or Ray Price or even Jarryd Hayne, they are looking at Guth, Mitch & Junior.

• Everything has a use by date Brett.I am sure tradition is part of the club brand. Some players have something very special about them which identifies them with the club . Trying to cater to everyone is always difficult. I would have given it more thought about who or what best represents our heart and soul.I think we cheapen our whole heritage by putting sponsors front and centre. Who or what do we want to remember in 50 years time.? The players or the sponsors?

Best1.jpg

• I agree, but how many young Mancurians are running around trying to be George Best ?

They want to be Paul Scholes or Ryan Giggs, or if they even younger, Paul Pogba, Marcus Rashford or Bruno Fernandes.

• I think times have changed a lot these days Brett. Players seem to move around a lot and I am not sure if there are too many club identity players as there used to be.If you were doing a mural maybe one with an anonymous stylized footy player with the club logo would be better. My point is really about a mural that promotes a sponsor prominently as being the type of identity you want to have for the next 100 years.I personally think the commercial type logos should be much smaller. I love old English type street landscapes where visual commercial signage is insignificant. The town,s soul shines through and is far better to attract tourism.8225801285?profile=RESIZE_930x

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

LB replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 8 Team List v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles (ANZAC Round)
"We know who the part timers were."
1 minute ago
LB replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 8 Team List v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles (ANZAC Round)
"Hands is just a simple, steady Hooker. Can be a knock on him but where we are at this stage it is a positive."
1 minute ago
Hugo replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 8 Team List v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles (ANZAC Round)
"I'm sure it will all pan out according to the master coaches plan. "
23 minutes ago
Muttman replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 8 Team List v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles (ANZAC Round)
"Very well said.  I personally did my part to help ensure the constitutional reforms happened and overall they've been an outstanding success. As you say, from a corporate viewpoint the Eels are extremely successful. All the necessary boxes have been…"
27 minutes ago
More…