Eels Snare Highly Rated Assistant

Eels snare highly rated Assistant

Parramatta are set for a major boost, with the appointment of Ryan Carr as an assistant coach for next season. Carr will take over from former Wests Tigers head coach Mick Potter, who will leave the club after just one season. Carr has an impressive coaching resume, having been head coach at English club Featherstone and Raiders feeder club Mounties. He also did some work with Ricky Stuart's top squad at Canberra last season and is a first-grade coach in waiting.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Wiz. BA prob thought Potts was to big of a threat so effed him off and got someone less qualified

• Why wouldn't BA upgrade Rip Taylor to the Eels staff, he would be a asset.

• BA always looks after himself and makes sure they cant get rid of him and replace him with the fools he sorounds him. Hence why there are always changes but nobody with years of experience. Good people will make BA look like the fool he is.

We need a new board to get rid of this clown. he has no gameplan for finals.

• And you think BA is the only coach who looks after himself???  Go ask, Madge, Bennett, Robinson, Flanno, Cleary, Hasler, Seibold if they are there only for the club and the players and its nothing to do with them.

• Every coach & club makes regular changes to their coaching staff

• Rip has a vital role in handling Wenty this past season & he will continue I would think in that role with the Eels reserve grade team, this is also part of BA's push to get the club into better shape and operations than in the past. Essentially the eels team as a whole will not be a seperated group as it has been since the marriage with Wenty, now its under the control of the Parramatta club, using the same facilities as the NRl squad uses as well.

As for Potter if you go to wiki and have a look at his record, He began his coaching career in 2006, and since then has coached  4 overseas clubs before returning to Australia and being appointed to Wests as head coach  with a 35% success rated. and he was shown the door after 2 seasons.   overall there is this little bit regarding his appointment last year, for this year  On 2 November 2018, Potter was announced as an NRL Development Coach at the Parramatta Eels.[

P

Parramatta Eels
          The Parramatta Eels are an Australian professional rugby league football club based in the Sydney suburb of Parramatta. The Parramatta District Rugb…
  • ''highly rated'' lol....

• He consistently is worried about his job security and keeps hiring these duds so they don’t pose a threat. 

As long as he keeps putting himself before the club we ain’t winning squat. 

Hire some quality assistant coaches FFS! 

• This reply was deleted.
        • Pops, I read where Carr on leaving England had big wraps on what he did for the RL club there, I have to say I have never heard of him but supposed to come in as a direct replacement for Potter, who was in charge of development.  I may be drawing a long bow here but I actually wonder about how great he was in that position and what players from the younger brigade actually have developed under him? That may also be a bit unfair and we will never know the reasons why he was punted though.

I found the following two articles that may be worth reading on him

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/featherstone-appoint-ryan-carr...

https://www.totalrl.com/ryan-carr-leaves-featherstone/

One point that comes out from what I see is his time as coach at Mounties who have a pretty fair record over the years, only negative that I can see with him is that he has not had long stints at any of his coaching positions.

Featherstone appoint Ryan Carr as new head coach | Love Rugby League
          Featherstone have appointed Australian Ryan Carr as the club’s new head coach. [Read more...]
    • Haha aren't they all - we seem to always get these types.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

MeelK replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I'd sign for that."
3 hours ago
LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Look i think it is more than just being put on the Wing. I think Flanno is a reason. Wanting to play semi's is another.
I think a move away will be an awakening for Lomax. He was on with Fltech and Hindy with Lawrie in 2022 and he mimicked Griffin.…"
4 hours ago
AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"600k is OK for the right winger. The Panthers sets are built on what their back 3 do on tackle one. The more momentum at the start of a set the more expansive a team can play but if our back three are getting smashed on tackle one and two it puts…"
4 hours ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Agree , need to keep him. "
4 hours ago
More…