Eels Shed 11 Players

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/01/23/2020-signings-tracker-nrl-rosters-signings--contracts-for-all-16-teams/

Parramatta have announced 11 players will be leaving the club as the Eels look to freshen up their roster after coming up short in another finals series.

David Gower is retiring to take up a role in the club's education and wellbeing team while fellow forward Peni Terepo has decided to take a break from the game and "will look to re-evaluate his footballing future in the coming months", according to the Eels statement.

Kane Evans is joining the Warriors and Stefano Utiokamanu is off to the Wests Tigers while Jai Field, Andrew Davey, Rhys Davies, Jaeman Salmon and Brad Takairangi will not have their contracts renewed.

Development squad members Watson Heleta and Kyle Schneider have also been released.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Poppa you still not believe me ....

• This reply was deleted.
    • Most importantly Parra get the best assistant coaches available, add a quality centre, forward and 14 and we are in with a chance. BUT it's crucial we get top grade assistant coaches. 
      Im past saying Sack BA cause it just won't happen, I can't believe he sent out the message to go for 2 with 20mins to go, and then in the media conference not a word of his failings as a coach gee that pissed me off. Go get next best and build intelligence around him, hell it may even prolong his coaching career. Just not at Parra🤞 

• every side would of went for two 

• Yeah that presser said a lot about the bloke - complete contrast to the Robinson presser from the previous night. Now that was how you handle failure.

He spoke about his short comings and his inability to get the side peaking at the right time of the year. He understands what his side is capable of and he knows they have the ability but fell short for reasons he outlined.

BA laid the complete blame  at the feet of the 17, how they defend him is beyond me!! Not a single word about his team selection for the Rabbits game, not a single word about his lack of tactical nous or his mesmerisingly poor use of the bench the other night.

You would've thought it would've dawned on him to not leave his 3 best forwards off the field at the same time. Seriously such a rookie error, especially when he knew Souths would've come out strong in the 2nd half chasing our lead. It's shit like that, that make you lose even more faith in the guy and the presser just iced it.

• 11 players are a lit to replace.

Can expect a few signings but we must be living up to the 'Development Club' identifed during the Review of a few years back.

• No real big losses there. Next few months will be interesting to see who we sign.

Happy to see off Kane Evans. Best wishes to Terepo who can hopefully overcome his health battle.

Hope Haze gets a start on the wing, I think he has a massive future.

• At least we keep Alvaro !

• only because the genius brad gave him a long contract when there was absolutely no need to.

Even gave Waqa 4 years lol

• Snakey ol' mate  Alvaro got a 1+1 year extension 2nd year as PO.

To get Waqa meant the eels had to sign him with the same contract length that he had signed at Penrith, IIRC there were not any reall no's against his name from eels supporters, rif also pay part of his contract price, not sure how long that goes for with their contribution though.

• None cut are regular first graders ATM. Nothing wrong with this move. We have a strong base - best forwards in the comp - we need a couple of strong backups and getting our wingers to work harder and we are there. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Wicak replied to EelsAgeMe's discussion Most embarrassing game in our history?
"I've waited to comment on last night's game until I had slept on it and let the dust settle. My last post was full of misguided hope that maybe the team could tough things out. Fool was I, its not what this club is about. The post by CE sums up my…"
43 seconds ago
Tad replied to Adrian Bowles's discussion Brad Arthur press conference
"Wouldn't it be wonderful if you could get to a mindset where you can evaluate your own performance at any level and say " Am I really worth that much compared to contribution s from my mates around me ""
7 minutes ago
Tad replied to Adrian Bowles's discussion Brad Arthur press conference
"Badger I am not a punishment type of person.Consequences are fine if person involved accepts that as fair to accepting responsibility. If there are aspects that the person feels blame should be directed elsewhere consequences will not be accepted.…"
12 minutes ago
Parra-all-the-way replied to Eelvangelist's discussion EELS 2024 PREMIERS!
"I want what ever you are on! I thought raiders game was a low light, but playing a team who basically is a reserve grade side, and getting smashed by them is the lowest point. I have been a ba fan up until now, something has to change! So…"
20 minutes ago
More…