Eels hunt the Fox

Josh addo-carr to the parramatta eels?

The Parramatta eels will be watching the grand final carefully as they are set to make a huge play for josh Addo-Carr what makes this more interesting is gutho moving to centre and josh addo-carr wanting fullback it all makes sense now that storm bought eels George jennings.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Seems that every time a player that is mentioned and was a good look to come to the eels, and said player gets injured in last game or near that in the year, now we have the nay sayers in action owing to a wanted player who has talent and still quite young turning 21 in October this year and suspected of having an ACL tear, therefore he's a gonna and will not make the grade in the NRL.

What I understand is that he has had surgery already, meaning he's likely to have around 6 months out of the game, but he wont be any good for the eels though as he wont recover. Last season we were very much in the box seat to sign Christian Welch for same injury, as the eels were scared of the same thing as you are mentioning Mushy, we dropped out and Welch has come back stronger than last year and has resigned with the storm for 2 more years. An article in one of the RL news outlets has Welch saying he was coming to the eels until the injury occured, he had written a farewell note to his team mates saying he was joining the eels in 2020, would have been a top pick up I would think.

Staggs may stay at the horses next year but he and his manager can talk to clubs in 10 days time for him to play with another club in 2022, and he can stay where he is at horses until a new contract comes into place. 

Mushy I believe we have signed worse players under worse circumstances/situations than we confront with Staggs.  I doubt the Horses will change their minds in wanting him out, and that could help Staggs and the eels in signing him once cleared to play, the horses may even chip in a good amount of his contract coin as well.  Next year according to the eels webb site and members news article our two reserve teams will be in action next year so a good opportunity to get the player back playing and get the injury fixed up under match conditions that are not as demanding as the NRL.

https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2020/10/23/member-update-2020-rev...

Member Update: 2020 Review and looking towards 2021
          Following the conclusion of the season we wanted to provide you with a brief review of our 2020 season and a Club update with a look towards 2021.
          • And that is exactly what I originally said colin - let's see how he goes *NEXT YEAR*sigh* before jumping the gun.

Perhaps we could put a decent offer to him, dependent on fitness.

All you guys are saying BUY HIM NOW!!!!!!!!!! without knowing what the end result could be.

• Fair nuff Mushy, I can live with that especially if he agrees to come to the eels.

I guess that something akin to a mutual agreement based very much on the success of his recovery, if such a legal arrangement was there.

• This reply was deleted.
              • Christ Guth is going to play in Staggs origin position.....in Fitlers eyes, he is already ahead of Guth

So WHY TF do you want to put Gutho at centre for the Eels if he is a second choice? DER !

• 1) Staggs has been given permission to shop himself around - that is only one small indicator

2) Staggs is on the outer for his starring role in a certain video

3) Staggs is pissed off with the entire circus up here and the team giving up and simply collecting their pay packet.

A fully fit Staggs is worth 750k on the open market. And that is less than he will be demanding in his new contract for his second year.

I would love nothing better than to see a fully fit Staggs / Opacic combination again, but.........????

• I'm going to Woy Woy, which track are you on?

8065909869?profile=RESIZE_192X

• See the difference, here have some of these and you can join me in the winner's circle.

Get your meme on! | Pills, Herbs, Concrete minerals

• Pops. Before their coaching appointment was made with Walters, Stags was in the list of players that were given permission to speak to other clubs, that report has now been changed on the horses page on Zero Tackle, so things may well have changed for Staggs.  Questions were asked about his injury history also the extra curricular activites that got him into strife did not help his case.

I don't know what coin he is on but when on that list his name was included amongst the players that were allowed to speak to other clubs as the horses needed cap relief, so it pretty well points to the idea that Staggs was on too large a contract..  Being off contract end of 21 he is able to talk to other clubs in 10 days that is November 1.

The current list that are looking at being moved on has been reduced pretty much from 11 to 9, which includes some names not confirmed.  Other lists have other players on it, including Jack Bird who is on big money but has real injury problems, yet its now reported that Walters is having a rethink on him.

Too many dark horses there methinks.

• The problem is that his current contract is of unknown value. & going through the reasons as Mushy has said as to why he was placed on the open look elsewhere book may well be for the horses to get a value feed back on him. He will lose at least half a season next year whatever club he plays at, so one would, taking your thoughts into consideration Pops in paying for his rehab, he would or should get that plus whatever coin he is currently on until 2022, would he go for that?

I had a look at a list of known amounts that a fair number of players are on, but as new contracts are signed and as shown on the list all are on set contract amounts for their current contracts, I would think those who have incremental amounts for each year, may be doing well but I doubt that will be the norm though as the NRL are looking at clamping down on the contract amounts.'

If Staggs is so on the nose up there, how many here will want him at the club?

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Eli Stephens replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Gutho knee issues
1 minute ago
Eel for life replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Gutho knee issues
"Apparently he didnt train all week leading into that game.
No doubt he's got some issues, pretty evident when he's running.
 "
1 minute ago
BringBackSemi replied to Slippery.'s discussion MAJOR CHANGES NEEDED!
"Nathan Brown come in to do a review of the elite pathways in mid 2022, claims of nepotism were rumoured in the media pretty close to the GF. He subsequently left for the Gold Coast in 2023. Was he pushed, or did he find it too big a job?
Mark O'Neil…"
2 minutes ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Gutho knee issues
"Sounds like a bakers cyst. "
3 minutes ago
More…