Eels hunt the Fox

Josh addo-carr to the parramatta eels?

The Parramatta eels will be watching the grand final carefully as they are set to make a huge play for josh Addo-Carr what makes this more interesting is gutho moving to centre and josh addo-carr wanting fullback it all makes sense now that storm bought eels George jennings.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• LOL Poppa

• Love it, but there are more than a few on this site that are not that clever though.  Old farts or more sloppy ammo for those that miss more often than not.

• Realy, Staggs, the man has no idear with defence, and obviously we don't have the staff to improve his defence. 

650k i think there are better options around, that are a better value buy.

• This reply was deleted.
      • One thing consistent abour Graham is his inconsistent ramblings.

There is not one player in the entire comp that can defend in his opinion, and there is not one player in the comp good enough to play for the Eels.

65+ Timeless Foghorn Leghorn, Character Little Chicken Quotes

• Pops your not the only one allowed to have an opinion, my statement about DB was he will be a good footbaler, but not a good 6. Your 6 and 7 must have an excellent kicking game. Good halfs have a natural kicking and improve on it. DB lacks any type of kicking ability. And as i keep tellinh you lets see where he is in 2/3 years.

Now with Staggs, when coming back from a serious knee injury, a player will lose a metre or 2 of pace, and a bit of confidence, Staggs was all about power, speed and a decent fend. His one on one defence is not crash hot. Have a look at a few replays i think you will find Staggs gets pushed off and twiçe run over and trys are scored.

So in my OPINION it is a risk not worth taking at 650k. 

Pops i rember saying Eels should chase Nicho Hyne, what was your response, how is Hyne tranellin now. Could of got him for 220k.

By the way i played footy for 17 years, and coached including rep footy for 12 years.

While iam not an expert like you, i know a little bit about the game.

• Graham good post.  What happened with our 6 & 7's this year? both IIRC were out injured for a while, and confidence likely dropped as a result, but I do believe that with the competition next year being full matches and back up lower grades, along with a decent set of assistant coaches especially regarding defence and for the 1, 6, 7 & 9 along in regard to kick and other needs for those positions I see some improvement with pressure from underneath helping.

Re Staggs, In the few games I have saw him play he was better than some we have, he's still only young and therefore learning the game, so I am not prepared to write him off as yet.  He got caught out with off field issues this year which would have dented him in a negative way, a bit different but lets not forget Cleary got caught out the same way this year, both hopefully have learnt as a result, with Cleary having some solid mentoring in his home life.  

What of Staggs though?  Has he had the same sort of help? especially when one considers the basket case that the horses were, then being told he was not in their plans going forward and he could search out other options/clubs, how far does that take your confidence?

The eels have had some players not much different but with being in a better environment which has certainly changed over the past few years, it could very much work to his and the eels benefit if he was to be signed to play here.  Could not be any worse as I said than a couple of the backs we had this year, and that includes before they were injured.

• Agree Colin Staggs can play the game, iam just not sure 650k for a player still learning is a smart way to go. And untill the Eels have assistants with some technical ability, no players will improve.

350k and upgrades I'd say yes, but 650 is a lot of cap space.

• I would think that if he comes here next year, he would have some top up from the horses depending on how soon he could be playing.  Having no idea of what he is on ATM but I would not see $350K as unreasonable as starters, but I think a point of $400K would be more realistic with some incremenal adjustments on perhaps a total contract for 3 years extension, based on his ability and recovery.

Other aspects will probably which may way on his mind could be playing for the eels, based upon what he may be offered elsewhere.

• We are paying D Brown $700K from the list colin posted, Staggs is a far better player at this stage than D Brown imo and you balk at 650. Shows how much overs we are payng for Brown.

I have faith that Dylan will come good, as playing 6 or 7 is far more complex than playing 3 or 4.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Poppa replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 8 Team List v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles (ANZAC Round)
"I had to go over to TCT to see if I was the old dribbler Hugo mentioned as my comments were not supportive of any particular faction, view or site.....so it wasn't me, although in saying that don't let the facts spoil the story. Points being made…"
17 minutes ago
Michael W. replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Jett Cleary off to NZ
"Good on you for acknowledging you're an idiot, bro."
1 hour ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 8 Team List v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles (ANZAC Round)
"The old toilets stalkers . The guys that lurk around the toilets at training sessions waiting for players to need a piss , just so they can pretend to take a piss at the trough next to their idols. 
I bet they were horrified when they found out…"
1 hour ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to BEM's discussion RIP TERRY HILL
"Wonder if it was " an accident " . She only got her start because her dad was a highly respected Freemason. "
1 hour ago
More…