Eels eye woods

EAGLES, EELS EYE WOODS

Manly and Parramatta have made a play for prop Aaron Woods after he was told by incoming Sharks coach Craig Fitzgibbon he isn’t wanted for next season.

The Sea Eagles and Eels have both spoken to Woods this past week as they seek to bolster their respective forward packs for 2022. Fitzgibbon had a face-to-face meeting with Woods to let him know the Sharks were “moving in a different direction” next year.

Woods, who is in the final year of a three-year deal worth $600,000 annually, is understood to have offered to stay at Cronulla for just $180,000 next year, but Fitzgibbon was clear there was no space for him.

Woods, 30, can expect to earn more than $200,000 wherever he lands next; a big pay-cut from where he’s at but still enough to keep him in Australia and attempt to reignite his career under a new coach.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Please lord, say it isn't true.

• It's from the Telecrap so it won't be true.

• I mean if there looking what does that say about Hughes or Hollis not a lot I suspect in the playing stakes.

• Never thought I would ever say this, but!   I hope Manly win.

• Why should he expect to earn more then 200k ?  Who knows , maybe BA can reignite yet another career.?  I'm not going to say a hard no if he was cheap .  No matter what issues people have with BA whether they're warranted or not , I think he's proven himself as someone who can milk the last bit of value out of these journeymen so I'm comfortable with this if we decide to sign him ( as long as we aren't going to fall 1 or 200K short of signing a blue chip player ) . 

• Theres a reason hes not wanted there, last thing we need is Sharon who will be Timmy Mannah mk2

BA will prob offer him 4 years like Waqa.

• I think part of the contract should stipulate Woods to shave his head and sit though many hours of movies like Rocky , Rambo, Die Hard and a range of other testosterone fueled flicks .  I'd also write a clause into his contract about testing his estrogen levels weekly and if they exceed the par level his contract his void . 

• And we had a similar player in Alvaro. Way too soft for mine. Our forwards are fine. We need a strike centre, and speed in the backline. For me, he would only play reggies, and be backip for any injuries. Leave him alone Parra, please

• Agreed. Strike outside back as top priority. 

• Sign Matt Dufty as a centre

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I wonder if the have Lomax on Right and move Penisini to left. Penisini is a Centre that can adapt, where Lomax has the pass that has him needed on the right.
But I think Lomax would be happy as long as it is Centre in a good team."
10 minutes ago
Slugg replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"I think the club  is doing the right thing not paying 600 k to  800k for a good first grade player that can boost our chances of winning comp when they can sign 3 or 4 players for the same money that may boost our chances of winning a reserve grade…"
16 minutes ago
Coryn Hughes replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Parra just need to stick to there process and add when we need to.
Lomax has all the potential which to this time is unrealised and that's before talking about money.
Blaize Sanders Penisini AMS you really want to see if these guys are something and…"
22 minutes ago
Graham polkinghorne replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
" We needed lomax before Talagi came on the scene. If a crystal ball would show us Blaize turns out to be an excellent centre, we would not be chasing Lomax.
Would Blaize hang around for 2 seasons to cement a FG spot?
Lomax would be worth every penny…"
33 minutes ago
More…