Eels confirm new leadership group for 2020

Parramatta Eels have confirmed a new leadership group for the 2020 NRL season.

The Club is pleased to announce a five-man leadership group which includes captain Clint Gutherson, Mitch Moses, Junior Paulo, Nathan Brown and new recruit Ryan Matterson. 

Parramatta Eels CEO Jim Sarantinos said the group includes a good mix of players who have been identified as having strong leadership qualities by their peers.

“Leadership across the club is a focus for us over the next two to three years. We are really looking to building that leadership capability not only in footy but throughout the front office.

“Having strong and influential leaders throughout the club, whether it be on or off the field is going to help us get to where we want to be,” said Jim.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• A little surprised to see Matterson, but good  representation of backs and forwards. Things are looking good! 

• This reply was deleted.
    • You'd hope there'd be more than one leader in a group of more than thirty blokes. There will probably be only one captain still.

For me the interesting point is that neither Ferguson nor Jennings are in the leadership group. Clubs would hope their most experienced players also provide leadership, because they are respected and influential, but it's obviously not always the case that leadership ensues. Jarryd Hayne was a classic example.

• The players voted for them.

• Who says leaders have to be vocal ?

• I agree, I'm not a fan of these bloated leadership groups.

• Likewise there is such a thing as having too many chiefs, it dilutes the authority of each leader. 

• It's the new trend, what I really object to is that its the players who are voting on leadership positions these days. Since when is leadership a democracy ?

• Once again left out in the cold with nothing to eat

• Even as kids he was always at the head of the line .any one for KFC

• I have no issue with the players selecting the leadership group. After all, they're the ones that have to play under that leadership group and would have the best gauge on who is a leader.

Coaching staff still select the captain.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Muttman replied to Muttman's discussion Souths Anzac Jersey
"Lol"
21 seconds ago
LB replied to Electric Eel 2's discussion Lomax is a freak
"Archie, Dragons have massively overachieved with that roster thanks to Flanagan. Eventually the lack of talent catches up with them. But to say Flanagan can now not coach well due to that match where he played a top 4 Roosters lineup is asinine."
35 seconds ago
Frankie Fong replied to Electric Eel 2's discussion Lomax is a freak
"If Souths get hammered tonight don't be surprised if they snap.up Bennett within the week "
46 seconds ago
Cʜɪᴇғ - replied to Muttman's discussion Souths Anzac Jersey
"Muttman,  the fans having to put up with a bush grade coached team means we really need an outlet.. "
1 minute ago
More…