Eels Bench

Thursday nights bench against the Panthers is the worst bench in the NRL maybe even in rugby league history.

14. Terepo

15. Alvaro

16. Takairangi

17. Gower 

Mention to Gower that had a dig.

Having a quality bench is a must in the NRL.

How can Kafusi miss out. 

We need a quality recruitment officer ASAP!!

We do not have the quality of players to be a threat in the NRL.

Show the following players the door:

Terepo, Alvaro, Taka, Hoffman, Smith, Pritchard,  George Jennings, Bevan French (Can’t leave him in Wenty on his pay packet) Greg leleisauio (Give him a go or let him go)

Retire: Mannah, Gower 

Recruit, Recruit, Recruit TPA’S

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• We really need a clean out and as most say it starts at the top. Team wise nothing will change unless BA shows he is serious and will hold the players accountable there fore I would go with : 1 Gutherson 2 Sivo 3 Hoffman 4 Mennings if fit ( Gennings if not) 5 Ferguson 6 Smith (offered more than Moses) 7 Mcllwrick 8 Mannah 9 Mahoney 10 Kaufusi 11 Lane  12 Niukore 13 Ma'u 14 Stone 15 Paulo 16 Terepo 17 Davey 18 Alvaro 19 Moeroa 20 Takairangi 21 French ( if Dyln Brown is right to go he comes in to 7 and Nathan Brown if fit comes on to the bench in place of Davey who goes back to reserves and French misses out)

• You want a clean out, yet you've picked virtually the same team that played against the Panthers, with the exception of McIllwrick at halfback, (seriously ???), Kaufusi instead of Gower who was one of our best on Thursday & Stone, who's injured BTW, instead of Taka.

Hope you wipe your arse better than that !!!

• This is just shuffling deck chairs. The forwards have no intent - this is the first issue that needs to be resolved. 

• - The Hoff plays better in the centres than on the wing.

- Taka is a centre or reserve grade.

- Ferguson is one of the best wingers in the game.

- pick one of either Taka or Hoff on the opposite side to Jennings.

- Gower and Mannah are our most consistent players, but both aren't that good and Gower sadly probably wouldn't/shouldn't even make the side if everyone was fit and playing their best.

- Mahoney has some defensive issues.

- Smith is a 14 (if you must carry a utility) or reserve grade.

- Mau, Terepo, and Moeroa can't all be in the side together. Pick one. Any of them will do. The two that miss out play reserve grade. Hint: having Taka as a forward along with these three just makes this even worse.

- Alvaro and Paulo have been very disappointing in recent weeks. Problem is I think our alternative starting props are only Evans and kaufusi. Evans is even worse and kaufusi is too young.

- Mannah is one of the best bench props in the game. He literally wouldn't let anyone down coming off the bench for NSW. Not that I think he should be picked. But, yep, this is his spot and that's not a bad thing.

- our bench should be

14 Mannah

15 Terepo/Mau/Moeroa

16 stone

17 kaufusi

There is just something about youth and enthusiasm coupled with experience that seems to work in the NRL. It's weird too because Moeroa/Mau/Terepo are all better players than kaufusi/stone but it's just the way it is.

• Terepo???? Are you nuts, he is our best forward 

• It’s full time 

wenty 16 def Penrith 12

great games by Kaufusi and French 

these two two need to be in the side next week 

French fullback gutho centre

kaufusi at 10 

• I think it was a couple of years ago when Gutho killed it at 5/8.  Put Gutho at 5/8 and French at Fullback.  

My god we need a spark again and we need someone to take the heat of Moses.  Defences have woken up to rushing up on Moses and giving him no time.  Mahoney is not helping with his distribution with long passes from dummy half.  So we need options and Gutho would give  us something at 5/8 and having a big body like Fergo running of him it might just give us something in attack.

• Nrl let Shane flanagan back so we can get him as a coach I reckon and yeah mcillwrick off bench instead of will Smith and give andrew davey a crack at second row starting 

• Id give french another go at fullback have gutho at five eight and to a lot of these of contract players i think we will get ride of and give some of our youth a go next year and try an add a few new players like we did to bolster our forwards same as this year and we will be a stronger team next year thats the only reason they have extended arthur for 2 more years apart from gutho.

We got a few young guys close to first grade selection in fainiga  utokamanu dunster and parry and add a few more new players like we did this year to help these youngster conin through and we should be a stronger team next year

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

ParraPride replied to Prof. Daz's discussion R4 V TIGERS: FREUD SAYS ‘WORK THROUGH’ IT, DEAR EELS
"Definitely not!
I see it either being a close game with Parra winning or us winning by over 12 points."
1 hour ago
RustyNuts replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"Personally I don't think gaining Lomax would cost us Talagi. He had a great 1st game and could possibly be better than Lomax when he gets going. He could move to the wing for some time to develop then move to the centres later. If he becomes better…"
4 hours ago
Slippery. replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make

I totally agree with your comments regarding the importance and benefits regarding local juniors at discounted rates, however,  this is only a factor with their 1st contract if they show promise.  Once a player starts showing they have regular…"
4 hours ago
EA replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Nah Tago is a centre who may later transition into the backrow. I believe Turuva will leave the club which is fair enough. I think May will move back to the wing and the Mclean brothers will start making their way into FG. Panthers have Laurie and…"
4 hours ago
More…