Eels $2.5mill Coup

2.5 million coup: Parramatta Eels signing spree continues
Just days after re-signing Michael Jennings, Oregon Kaufusi and key playmaker Dylan Brown, Parramatta is poised to announce two more key signatures on long-term deals.
Dean Ritchie, The Daily Telegraph
Subscriber only
|
December 8, 2019 6:53pm

FOXSPORTS1:38
Scrum rule change for 2020
NRL: NRL Head of Football Graham Annesley has announced rule changes for 2020.
This could be Parramatta’s $2.5m festive coup – the retention of two unsigned Eels stars on the club’s Christmas wish list.

Just days after re-signing Michael Jennings, Oregon Kaufusi and key playmaker Dylan Brown, Parramatta is now looking to lock down hooker Reed Mahoney and backrower Shaun Lane long-term.

While talks are still progressing, the Eels hope to have the pair — both off contract after next season — re-signed by Christmas or early in the New Year.

Mahoney and Lane are worth about $400,000 a season and have expressed a desire to remain at Bankwest Stadium. And Parramatta has told both players they want them to stay. Both players would be searching for deals spanning up to three years.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Unless something spectacular happens (captain tries to root a dog) which is out of BA’s control, I’d agree with this statement.

• lol, he doesn't have the poodle haircut anymore, so I'm guessing that's out of his system !!!!

• The premiership window will be opened from next year till 2023. Fcuk I hope they win one at least.  My bet is on 2021.

• Falls off chair has someone hacked Als profile lol.

• Yep

• They have done an excellent and wise job so far in the NRL.

Not so sure about the juniors. I do not criticise them re Stefano as his family seem to have bad blood with the club and was likely to leave. However, we lost a lot of juniors and the word from people whose opinion I respect was that the club should have done better -their processes were the big problem.

• Their processes weren't the problem, the greed and impatience of nuffy juniors and their managers/parents are the problem. We don't need those people at the club.

• The team did so well this year.

Add the new signings to that team and it's hard not to be excited. Johns as well.

I've said it before and been wrong, but we should give the comp a good shake next year.

• I heard Stefano could yet be an eel ... An upgrade to this yrs contract and a back flip on tigers deal . 

• Again - if he’s signed a contract how can he backflip? 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

JB. Prints of Parra replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"What I could see happening is Lomax to the Chooks and Suaalii to the Eels "
51 seconds ago
Cumberland Eel replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Can anyone actually see this happening. Lomax at the Eels? "
7 minutes ago
Electric Eel 2 replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"Hardly the point that I was making!"
23 minutes ago
Poppa replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"Yes Bup makes a compeling case...."
34 minutes ago
More…