Ducks and Drakes

I think it is interesting looking at the ladder in this final round. Bit like a game of poker, do we show our hand, call the other team’s bluff, or even let a game go?  I mean seriously GC 36- New 6?  Alternatively, relying on Cronulla to beat Canberra would seem nuts, another twist, Roosters go down to Souths, we win, they remain in 4th and play Penrith, we face Storm. Interested in others thoughts around this unusual final round and whether certain teams are possibly throwing games. 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• In a longer season GC would be finishing stronger than sharks and Knights and get into the 8 they are a team playing good confident footy been great to watch them the last bit. 

I think raiders want to finish 5th and get a home semi vs sharks roosters are probably not fussed either way 3rd or 4th. 

• This reply was deleted.
    • 100%.
      IMO they are probably happy to let this game go as they would prefer to play Penrith.

• I think you are spot on slugg. They would prefer to play panthers and I think more so they would not want to be travelling to Queensland

• I'm hoping the eels play the storm, seeing Mitch Moses choke and buckle in big games is the the highlight of the finals.

• Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Predictable response as usual F..Wanky .. how did your plucked chooks go tonight?? 

• Seems like you want to see him choke and buckle...Is that so?

• I hear you mate. I laughed so hard tonight watching Keary flail about. Hilarious stuff. 

• Not sure which is the best option. However, I think finishing 3rd or 4th is better than finishing 5th. 

• You can't win it unless you finish top 4. The stats back that up. So it's really strange what Stuart has done. Even if he thinks the eels in all likelihood beat the tigers any team can lose on the day. So it's a big gamble by him. It says 2 things. He has a banged up squad and he doesn't think he can beat the panthers with the players not being rested anyway so why not get his squad right win first up and then get some momentum. It's a highly tactical move. I reckon he thinks he will play Eels second up. I think that's how it will work out but I'll need to check that. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Nitram replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I hope we don't sign him. I don't see what the fuss is about this bloke. Seems overrated to me.
But I said the same thing the Moses in 2017 signing so...."
15 minutes ago
Nightmare Off-Season replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Agree, May is value at 500k.
Moving Tago to 6 is interesting, not sure he's a 5/8th in skillset?! He's a gun centre and maybe Panthers didn't want to lose both him and Crichton? 
With South's I feel they lost direction without Reynolds, too many…"
19 minutes ago
Marty replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"LB you probs correct on two Coaches getting maturity from Lomax, it was all in his mannerism last night. I do wonder the noise from Parra if Gutho went to Wing... for the betterment of the Team? Would he bleet 🐏 so much? "
45 minutes ago
AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"If Tago does stay at centre then it does coincide with them having a budget 6 but I still think the plan will be to move him"
1 hour ago
More…