BA can not coach mistakes out of the usual suspects (pattern of 7 years) and his nausiating interchanges and game management cost us the win.

Shaun Lane- Been dog shit most of the year. Drops the ball on the second hit up. Looks exhausted and lethargic during games like a baby giraffe but BA plays him for 80 minutes most weeks no matter how many tackles he misses and set re-starts he gives away from laying in the ruck BUT.. "pick and stick" mentality from BA. Woeful performance from Lane tonight.

Reed Mahoney. Serial set re-starter all year. Gives 2 away in the first 4 minutes. Rectified by BA over the last 20 weeks? No.

Dylan Brown. First kick in a attacking position gives away a 20m restart.  For a young kid that has achieved nothing and is yet to live up to the big price tag, his ego is the size of a watermelon and I have no doubt a Wayne Bennett or Craig Bellamy would have knocked it out of him quick start. "I want to play for the All Blacks" please. Earn your coin at the eels first.

It's like clock work, BA's use of the interchange every week. Pulls Paulo and Gillard off 10 minutes either side of half time (and Nathan Brown at the same time tonight)... (Greg Alexander makes the call on FOX that the possession we have had  we would be stupid to bring Paulo and Gillard off because they are not gassed. BUT... nope BA the clueless cue ball sticks to his failed formula. Hey, what would Greg Alexander know? He never coached the Rouse Hill Rhinos U13's before.

Ray Stone comes on (another serial set-restarter) gives one away on his second tackle.

Kane Evans. Typifies Parramatta. Performs well every third of forth game but can't string two in a row but keeps his spot regardless. Had an absoluteshocker against Penrith, turned the game infact but promoted to the starting side the week after.

First 5 minutes into the second half we concede a try. Liam Knight goes untouched between Ray Stone and Kane Evans. 

Mitchell Moses missed goal. It was point blank and I feel sorry for the kid BUT it echos Frankie Fongs beliefs. He can not deliver on the big stage.

Outstanding effort by the team tonight.

The loss IMO in on the coach, not the players. 

The squad needs a new voice with new ideas and new accountability. 

See everyone in 2021.

Blue and Gold forever.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• No need to replace Moses and Brown.

REPLACE THE COACH!

• brown threw a ball for them to score moses missed a kick for them to score yup its on ba 

• And thats the reason we have lost 5 finals and won 1 in the last 7 years Trent?

Any idea what the common dominator is?

• Yep

• Sign Burton and Ado-Carr and sign Wayne bennet

• If BA cannot get them into a Grad Final next season he has to go. We have the team but they aren't coached to be able to deal with big game pressure. That comes from good coaching, nowhere else. 

I am glad they had a crack, there was good things there but the Eels haven't been able to put together 80min performances or deal with adversity in BA's tenure and that is all on him. That is all about the coaching.

It's all or nothing next year or his time is up. He has coached them to the finals on a few occasions but we haven't won a game. Again, that is all to do with the coaching. 

Better have our side squared away next season BA or it's bye, bye. 

• Pretty much sums up how I feel.

I still can't believe that missed penalty goal and the fact Cook wasn't binned for that professional foul - definite game changer.

I saying all that BAs tactics and use of our bench was confusing. Why didn't we have another big body on the bench? We had Stone and Smith? Cmon that's simply ridiculous. BA earned that loss with his selections and bench rotation.

• Bert you fecking legend. Hope the little Bert's firing on all cylinders mate :)

I havent scored a try all season. I'm about to de-pants and hit the streets.

8020152286?profile=RESIZE_400x

• Yay we're streaking yay!!!

Classic!!!

• Sure is K-Man! a definate game changer!

I can't complain though mate, I had a VERY VERY VERY good run doing just me in life and left becoming a father with a beautiful Brazilian wife (half my age ; ) as long as I could before my nuts were as dry baking soda on a baking tin.

Hope your well mate.

Can't belive the season ends like that, again. Lucky I have a cheap bottle of cachaca 51 on hand.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Poppa replied to EA's discussion Name and Shame the players
"Keep talking and wishing EA, you/we have no idea if Bennett is interested to come here.
LB I don't know how you gave Lane any sort of a pass mark. I don't know what his stats were but he litered all night for mine.
BA talked about only a handful put…"
3 seconds ago
Muttman replied to EA's discussion Name and Shame the players
" Cartwright was probably our worst player last night. His stupid penalties, loose carries were compounded by his truly horrible defence. "
8 seconds ago
Surfer eel posted a discussion
BA
Is there a way of doing an online petion to get a new coach? If any of us didn't perform in there job  the way he has we would have been asked to leave a long time ago. How does this club just severe this crap up to us year after year? There are…
1 minute ago
LB replied to EA's discussion Name and Shame the players
"If we get Bennett for example, he will bring in at least 4-5 players. He will sign a Winger or 2, a Utility, an Edge and perhaps a middle also.
Though i have to say, if you are starting from scratch you need a plan. Cannot go from scratch and just…"
6 minutes ago
More…