Dogs sign Mahoney

BREAKING: Eels dealt ANOTHER big blow as Mahoney joins rival on bumper deal

https://foxsportspmd-a.akamaihd.net/free/nogeoblock/2021/11/23/DVU_231121_NRL_TINO_TITANS_2021_23_11_11_19_25_202111232222/DVU_231121_NRL_TINO_TITANS_2021_23_11_11_19_25_202111232222_1596.mp4","type":"video/mp4"}]]">
https://www.foxsports.com.au/pmd/images/2021/11/23/814213_640x360_large_20211123223832.jpg 640w" class="i-amphtml-layout-fill i-amphtml-layout-size-defined i-amphtml-element i-amphtml-built i-amphtml-layout" i-amphtml-layout="fill" i-amphtml-auto-lightbox-visited="">814213_640x360_large_20211123223832.jpghttps://www.foxsports.com.au/pmd/images/2021/11/23/814213_640x360_large_20211123223832.jpg 640w" alt="Tino the Titan extends his contract" />
Tino the Titan extends his contract | 01:08
James Hooper
James Hooper from Fox Sports
November 25th, 2021 12:44 pm

The Parramatta Eels have suffered another savage recruitment blow with archrivals the Bulldogs poaching gun hooker Reed Mahoney on a four-year deal for 2023 and beyond.

Mahoney informed coach Brad Arthur of his decision on Thursday morning in the latest cruel twist under the Eels’ roster management committe regime.

It comes after the Eels upped the ante in a last ditch bid to retain Mahoney.

The Eels initially low-balled Mahoney with a two-year extension worth around $900,000 while the Bulldogs went straight into serious negotiations with a four-year $2.4 million deal.

The Eels have borne the brunt of intense criticism for losing backrowers Isaiah Papali’i and Marata Niukore but if the blue and golds also lose Mahoney then it will be open slather on the club’s recruitment and retention strategy.

Fox Sports was told the Eels increased their offer to Mahoney in the past 24 hours.

Mahoney’s agent Sam Ayoub was reluctant to go into detail aside from saying: “We’ve had constructive discussions with Parramatta over the last few months and they’ve again improved their offer slightly in recent days.”

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Better win the comp next year.

• Nightmare just gets worse and I don't think it can get any lower.

The people making decisions around here are ripping the club apart !!!

• Well, let's hope I'm wrong and King Gutherson is good enough to win us some big matches hey. Glad we spent so much time trying to make him happy.  Meanwhile no questions asked about Canterburys salary cap. 

• I honestly think Ayoub would have had Gutho out of there aswell if another team had ponied up the coin.

• Disgraceful from Sarantinos. I hope you're reading this Jim. 

• No chance mutts. These assclowns only read their own press releases

• Mutts ive been telling you for a long time he's a dope with zero footy intelligence, we have nobody on the board with footy smarts, its very obvious.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Angry Eel posted a discussion
Lomax absolutely killing it tonight. 2 point FG, try, throws a 20m cut out pass to put Suli away unmarked. There is no way Flanagan is letting Lomax go this year while they are winning games and Lomax having the impact he is. Flanagan and the…
11 minutes ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Bushie's [BA] to 5 signings?
"Who were the boof heads who said they don't think Lomax would be a good signing ?   Maybe BA needs to step aside and become Bennett's head of recruitment and get rid of those boneheads we have at the moment . 
we have MON and Rogers's crew getting…"
19 minutes ago
AlShaw replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins
"Eels 32 No Postcodes 16"
21 minutes ago
macybrown replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Gutherson Blaizes a trail for Talagi
"Yeah but not training all week ihas to be quite severe management Id imagine.
hope he is ok tonight.
 "
22 minutes ago
More…