Do we have enough Mongrel?

Last week the raiders attacked with their mongrels and chewed us up. Do we have that in our team? Does it need to be coached. Does it need to be bought. Until we get more of it I can't see us threatening the title.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Monto, I hsve a book handy as I watch a game, purelly as a result of watching games that are spoilt by officials and how some teams go on.

Todays tv match mules against raiders, was a wierd game, half time the raiders were so superior with their lead, I did some other stuff, with the box on in the background, my thinking was the mules were gone, but a very different 2nd half had me sitting down the whole 2nd half to watch as the game see sawed. For a team down the ladder like the mules they came out commited, shame with the first half though.

• That's a blatant insult to Mongrels.

• We have Alvaro, Mannah and Lane. I wouldn’t be surprised if they said sorry everytime they made a tackle

• Parra are playing a good style but whate we need to compete for a title.

We need :

A Paul Vaughn prop.

Gun centre with flair sorry Taka you are out or Jennings 

A love hate back rower with mongrel go shopping in England. 

The rest will follow.

too many mediocrel players 

Alvaro 

terepo 

meroa

lane 

mannah 

gower 

keep some punt some from the above.

• Sorry bud. Lane and Meroa are playing really well. Which gun centre and which prop?

• Brown and Ma’u add that and leg speed to boot.

So for think we do.

• Good blog and good point Coryn

We have really missed Ma'u and Brown. Last week we had plenty of go forward I would say more than the raiders, but they played a dirty tough game in defence and the tackle that we needed players like Brown and Ma'u to dish out.

Lane and Marata have been awesome but there a dynamic you get in the body shape (lol sounding like BA) that we have missed.

In saying that though I'm exctied to see this kid Ray Stone come in I hope he gets some good minutes at some point I think he's very much like a Bateman for the Raiders. 

• This is a great blog. As a coach, apart from all the technical skills & game play patterns, I ask my teams to go into the game with 3 things:

1. Intensity - win every contest

2. Concentration - Stick to the game plan

3. Mongrel - be ruthless and dominate your opponent.

3 simple words to win you a game.

And no!, we don’t have enough mongrel. Our forwards were soft against the Raiders

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Eli Stephens replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Gutho knee issues
2 minutes ago
Eel for life replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Gutho knee issues
"Apparently he didnt train all week leading into that game.
No doubt he's got some issues, pretty evident when he's running.
 "
2 minutes ago
BringBackSemi replied to Slippery.'s discussion MAJOR CHANGES NEEDED!
"Nathan Brown come in to do a review of the elite pathways in mid 2022, claims of nepotism were rumoured in the media pretty close to the GF. He subsequently left for the Gold Coast in 2023. Was he pushed, or did he find it too big a job?
Mark O'Neil…"
3 minutes ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Gutho knee issues
"Sounds like a bakers cyst. "
4 minutes ago
More…