David Gower should start in 17 vs Dogs

Once again David Gower showed a lot of class in the match against Souths last night as he did in the nines, I would have him in the 17 ahead of Ryan Matterson.Last night I was impressed with the go forward of Kane Evans and Penne Terrepo. Hopefully both theses two players in starting 17 against Dogs.Our goal line defence once again found wanting against Souths.Mahoney once again never ran from dummy half when he was on the paddock.This Fonua looked good in the 1st half. Will he be in our 30 squad?I know it is only a trial but `it is what we look at and hopefully some improvement in the trial against Penrith,

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yeah, you nailed it here Dr Wong and Poppa. For those 3-4 games that he does come in, he kills it with a couple of huge runs and line breaks right when we need them, hence my comment about 'class'. Sustaining that impact over the duration is the only problem that occurs.

But, I do love having him on the team regardless. Would love to see him coaching in the near future.

• I think our bench will be Stone, Evans, Alvaro and Niukore 

If we are forced to use Gowie in our 17 it is because we are in trouble 

• Gower, unlike most other players, plays the same regardless of how everyone is going around him. This is why when everyone is playing bad he looks and basically is our best player (yes including all our players). But it's a hard one because if 1-17 are going well he doesn't make the team. Strange situation.

• Best play maker at the club, great footy brain plus quite cute what's not to love. 💜

• Keet, be honest, when youre having sex with the hubby how many times a week do you close your eyes and think of Gowie?

Have you got the hubby to shave his head and don the eels playing strip during play time?

Be honest, i will be able to tell if youre lying.

• Snake just like him as a footballer and his character. I like Jason Nightingale too. It was great to see him run around too against Eels in the Nines. Who wouldn't like Kikau or Corey Harawira Naera.. I also like Lachlan Lewis. Fish from Panthers never stops. Love Corey Thomoson the pocket rocket from Tigers. List goes on. I saw improvement in lots of teams. Now harm in looking.

• Keet just be honest and answer the question, a lot of deflecting going on here.

• OK Snake sorry to disappoint you but no I don't fantasize about DG. I believe he is a much better player who wasn't at the right place at the right time. Plenty of ordinary players on alot more than he ever was. He may not look as dynamic as some angry looking tough guy looking good but doing little but always gets the job done. I truly rate him. I posted this before that Brad Fittler chose him in last City game. He was the only one to score a try in game when on a few minutes.  

• Don't have to look like premiership winners week 1.Need to continue to build see more cohesion in the team.Alot of new players for me the coaches need to be on point in the integration of this new talent and getting it to help.

• Gower always gives his best but should of retired last season, waste of a spot in top 30 as he is too slow and should of been given a position in the coaching ranks to help the juniors.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Nitram replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I hope we don't sign him. I don't see what the fuss is about this bloke. Seems overrated to me.
But I said the same thing the Moses in 2017 signing so...."
19 minutes ago
Nightmare Off-Season replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Agree, May is value at 500k.
Moving Tago to 6 is interesting, not sure he's a 5/8th in skillset?! He's a gun centre and maybe Panthers didn't want to lose both him and Crichton? 
With South's I feel they lost direction without Reynolds, too many…"
23 minutes ago
Marty replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"LB you probs correct on two Coaches getting maturity from Lomax, it was all in his mannerism last night. I do wonder the noise from Parra if Gutho went to Wing... for the betterment of the Team? Would he bleet 🐏 so much? "
49 minutes ago
AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"If Tago does stay at centre then it does coincide with them having a budget 6 but I still think the plan will be to move him"
1 hour ago
More…