David Gower

Just watched the interview with David Gower...WoW!

I am not sure of his coaching credentials but he nailed the questions with comprehensive, articulate and intelligent answers.

I think he has a career in the media or as an administrator when he finally retires.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• He is a smart cookie . Not sure of his credentials but I remember he’s a guru at something dorky .  Teaches business or economics or something like that if I remember correct . 

• Yes great interviewee !!! Better tv mike speaker than even Cameron Smith and without that same experience. Well done David and proud to have you with our club !!!   https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2019/08/13/gower-we-have-a-tough-...

Gower: "We have a tough run in"
    Parramatta Eels forward David Gower says the team isn't getting ahead of themselves, saying they have a tough run to finals and need to fight for eve…
  • This reply was deleted.
    • How’s Gowers coaching skills ? Does he have the natural instincts to coach a team of men across the paddock  , or will he motivate them by doing a good job on their tax returns  ? 

• Isn’t he an electrician?

• The current coach is Rip Taylor. One of the finest reserve grade coaches going around. In 39 years he's coached sides to 33 finals series, 24 grand finals and 12 Premierships including Parramatta and Wentworthville's previous NSW Cup premierships in 2007 and 2008 respectively. Was recently the coach of the Wyong Roos until they were dissolved after last season.

• He’d be a good trainer to come on the field with drinks and handing advice like Craig Fitzgibbon used to do or Allan Langer. 

• Gower will be at the Parramatta after his career is finished to help junior development pathways and player career management, player wellbeing ect.

• Gower is not looking for coaching roles. He is looking at Administration with a view to becoming a COO or CEO.  We are so very lucky to have him with us and could do worse than give him opportunities. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

MeelK replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I'd sign for that."
2 hours ago
LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Look i think it is more than just being put on the Wing. I think Flanno is a reason. Wanting to play semi's is another.
I think a move away will be an awakening for Lomax. He was on with Fltech and Hindy with Lawrie in 2022 and he mimicked Griffin.…"
3 hours ago
AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"600k is OK for the right winger. The Panthers sets are built on what their back 3 do on tackle one. The more momentum at the start of a set the more expansive a team can play but if our back three are getting smashed on tackle one and two it puts…"
3 hours ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Agree , need to keep him. "
3 hours ago
More…