Congratulations JA

well done JA, that last 25mins was very good first grade quality half-back play. 

Hopefully that was a turning point in your development and you have won over the fans, you won me over with that 25 minute period.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 1
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• He played well. His try assists were great and he worked hard in D. His long kicks were decent too. 
    The right edge were ridiculously compressed in the first half, not sure if everyone was over compensating for Jake there but they were better in the second half. Still too compressed. 
    Well done Jake. You held your own and didn't let anyone down. Good job. 

• Penisini was the problem in defence in the first half, he didn't trust JA , that's on Penisini. 

• Agreed. I wasn't blaming JA there. 

• And good thing is that it was corrected during the half time talk since they were defending quite well in the last 40.

• Hats off to BA for that, he hasn't shown the ability to adjust during a game too many times.

• Yeah, that will something BA and his staff will definitely have to work on with young Will over the summer. He doesn't the pace to be an inside shoulder defender, he has to defend outside in.

• Played well second half. It was a team effort tonight.

• I'm eating humble pie tonight, 2 try assists and solid in defense - kicking game was good. JA being interviewed mentioning Matto,Jr and RCG have faith in him to do the job so I guess it's our turn to get behind the kid. Great win and sets up our finals run, go the mighty Eels!! 

• During his interview you could see JA hanging off every word JT said.  Plenty of players with more natural talent but his willingness to learn and his patience will serve him well.   Would love to see what Bellamy could do with JA and his willingness to learn.

There was more naturally skilled players as juniors such as Kyle Flanagan and Ash Taylor but they never had to put as much effort in their game as JA and it showed under pressure they crumbled.  JA been under immense pressure but had his best game.

• His defence in the first half was terrible but he made an adjustment and defended quite well second half then in doing that his attacking game came to him, nice pass and nice kick for tries. Will he win us a grand final no but doing his job like tonight will get us in the 8 at least. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

RustyNuts replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"Personally I don't think gaining Lomax would cost us Talagi. He had a great 1st game and could possibly be better than Lomax when he gets going. He could move to the wing for some time to develop then move to the centres later. If he becomes better…"
1 hour ago
Slippery. replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make

I totally agree with your comments regarding the importance and benefits regarding local juniors at discounted rates, however,  this is only a factor with their 1st contract if they show promise.  Once a player starts showing they have regular…"
1 hour ago
EA replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Nah Tago is a centre who may later transition into the backrow. I believe Turuva will leave the club which is fair enough. I think May will move back to the wing and the Mclean brothers will start making their way into FG. Panthers have Laurie and…"
1 hour ago
EA replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"We definitely need Lomax more than we need Grieg. Plus I back BA to develop gun forwards if we need to. We already have amazing forwards coming through our Matt, SG and Flegg team."
1 hour ago
More…