Conflict of interest

So how do you manage a perceived possible conflict of interest with club decisions 🤔

a coach has more than one child coming through the junior ranks ....... we have seen coaches with one like Cleary or Flanagan 

what about two 🤔what processes are in place to see retention and promotion are fair and just 

I see some difficulties 

I'm

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

★
★
★
★
★
Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• BA doesn't head recruitment. That's Mark O'Neill's job. You think O'Neill is going to put his own job in jeopardy to prioritise the coach's son? 

• This reply was deleted.
    • But the coach picked him 7 times. How strange.

• His choices were JA or WS . 

• And it was reported at the time , the senior players indicated they wanted Jake over Will. Go figure.

• At that stage of the year JA could've been the hottest young prospect in the game, the BA hate had so much momentum the kids positives were always going to be overlooked. 

Apparently if we played Will Bloody Smith instead of JA we'd have beaten Many , South's and Penrith .we should be sending Moses to the Goldy and keeping Will. 

• I reckon me might have won a couple of those games had we had a decent half and not the teachers son :)

• " I reckon me might have won a couple of those games had we had a decent half " 

I agree , but what about with Will Smith ? Or even Moses for that matter ? 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Parra_Greg replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"I think it goes far back to the Michael Jennings situation and how he really left us in the lurche at a real critical time during a prelim semi.  He and Fergo were our last quality back signing and we really have not been able to bring anyone…"
1 minute ago
Hell On Eels replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"Pops, good blog.
Absolutely. R&R & managing the cap would be a nightmare. Gould says it keeps him up at night. Every signing is a risk with are so many balls in the air. Player managers, business associates and partners, spouses, family influences,…"
2 minutes ago
Offside replied to Muttman's discussion Moses Injury Update (from NRL Physio)
"Whilst the loss of Mich is huge it will be a great reviler of the culture in the club Penrith and Melbourne get injuries but you never truly write them off because the next man up approxh and jersey culture means they are never out.

If we compete…"
29 minutes ago
adnan replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Was blaze that good? I think he is very raw and maybe needs another yr "
36 minutes ago
More…