Conflict of interest

So how do you manage a perceived possible conflict of interest with club decisions 🤔

a coach has more than one child coming through the junior ranks ....... we have seen coaches with one like Cleary or Flanagan 

what about two 🤔what processes are in place to see retention and promotion are fair and just 

I see some difficulties 

I'm

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

★
★
★
★
★
Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• BA isn't the sole decision maker when it comes to retention 

• This reply was deleted.
      • And the same thing is said when an astute buy is made - it must be BA.

You can't have it both ways, it's either BA or it isn't - from what I've seen BA carries enormous weight when it comes to his squad retention and recruitment.

• Do people really think this is what really happens in a professional environment?

puhllease - everything is a conspiracy or has an ulterior motive.

let's think about it a bit - smith has been on a year by year contract for the last few years. He has been offered and accepted a two year deal on the Gold Coast. At 29 is a two year contract better than a one year contract? Of course it is and all his career he has been a fill in at best. 
    ba let him go cos he wanted ja in his place - can't make this shit up.

• The problem we have with that Rock is the JA factor. We don't want JA in the top 30 at all let alone the first choice backup half.

We need to sign someone to replace Smith if he is leaving. I wanted to sign Peachey but the club dragged their feet and we didn't get him either.

It is looking pretty bleak on the signings front.The new season literally starts in 2 weeks (preseason training) and we haven't announced anyone arriving - only people leaving. I'm sure they are making moves behind the scenes but as a fan it is frustrating and nerve wracking to not see any improvements to the squad when teams like the Dragons, Tigers and Bulldogs are signing players every week.

• Will Smith not retained, not his biggest fan but he was a decent back up who could cover a few spots.  Him being gone paves the way for Bea Jr............  I'll say again is the Parramatta club the make a wish foundation for the Arthurs????

• Young Jake hasnt done anything wrong, he goes good for a kid so young.  Id love to see him make good in a few years and win a premiership. Im sure some supporters here would still hate on the kid. His attacking skills and ability to help the team score points was more valued then highly fancied Dylan Browns attempt all year , to help the team score points.

Jake Arthur     7 games, 2 tries, 3 try assists, 2 forced drop outs

Dylan Brown 21 games, 4 tries, 2 try asists, 4 forced drop outs

• He also did nothing to get his second stint in first grade, i had no problem with him getting a run with Brown and Smith out and him supporting Moses, and he showed while he has talent and may well be a very good first grader in the future he wasn't ready physically for the rigors of first grade. But the second time he was picked was pure BS and reeked of nepotism, not only was he back in the side he was given the keys to the side which was absolutely laughable.  As i said the Eels are the Arthurs make a wish foundation.

But i thought his last game against the Panthers he was one of our best in a badly beaten side, i think when his body catches up with his footy smarts he will be a more than handy first grader.

• Agreed Al.

7 games he played. Probably 5 too many.

As you pointed out, we can excuse the first few selections but not the next 4....nepotism is the only reason. Smith was back and available at the back end.

• Well said Alan.

• This reply was deleted.
      • He was targeted badly in the Canberra and Roosters games, but against Penrith i thought he had his best game considering the opposistion and his team mates.  He made some good one on one tackles.  I still don't believe he was our best option once Smith was back and Moses was out.  Hopefully he has a big pre season and he can do a job fopr us at 14.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

LB replied to Prof. Daz's discussion R4 V TIGERS: FREUD SAYS ‘WORK THROUGH’ IT, DEAR EELS
"Then again, tired middle opens up the ruck for Api to do his thing.
We will give him space but will halves help him. Our spine is much better with Gutho and Brown in there."
21 minutes ago
JB. Prints of Parra replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"What I could see happening is Lomax to the Chooks and Suaalii to the Eels "
47 minutes ago
Cumberland Eel replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Can anyone actually see this happening. Lomax at the Eels? "
54 minutes ago
Electric Eel 2 replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"Hardly the point that I was making!"
1 hour ago
More…