Conflict of interest

So how do you manage a perceived possible conflict of interest with club decisions 🤔

a coach has more than one child coming through the junior ranks ....... we have seen coaches with one like Cleary or Flanagan 

what about two 🤔what processes are in place to see retention and promotion are fair and just 

I see some difficulties 

I'm

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Agree, Brads paving the way for his son to be our only reserve option in the halves.

He will never sign another half thats better than his son, if DB was to leave, JA will be a run on half till BAs contract expires.

Then after using our club to give his son all the experience he can he will take him with him when he gets a gig at a new club one day.

JA looks like hes running on a treadmill out there, everything he does is in slow motion including passing, wont take the opposition long to get right on top of his game.

Hes got no xfactor, no mongral, no on field presence, he's weedy, his selection is gonna hurt us over the next few years.

The situation stinks, BAs taking this club for a ride. 

• It's a worry 

Letting go will without another back up signing makes me wonder 

• It’s a definite worry. JA has potential but he is no where near first grade standard yet.

• And that is the reason that BA has lost me. I thought nepotism would be his downfall but he was able to turn it around in two games. Kudos to Brad but, unfortunately, with no signings next year we are well and truly fucked. We will be lucky to finish in the top 8.

• This reply was deleted.
      • Yes we do have to make signings brissy but the problem is there aren't any better players currently available than what we have released.

If we had secured JAC or Coates to replace Fergo and Peachey to replace Will then we would be looking good but the facts are we have signed no one and there aren't any better players currently available. 

• Add to that the cost of upgrades to retain those players that have performed after being puchased as bargain basement.  Right there is a massive issue for us.  Purchase bargain basement, make them better players and of course, they have to be paid more.  We need to adopt the Roosters Cap Management Plan but no, our Club won't go down the TPA line.  Right there is the issue.  Salary cap was supposed to level the playing field.  It has not, because of the rorts that are allowed outside of the basic contract.  No Club will ever compete with those Clubs that have and endless ability to attract and sign whoever they want with the rorting of the TPA system.  Same playing field, may arse!

• Papalii will want a huge upgrade.

150k to probably 500k. More than double the cap impact.

• Be at peace. Let all have their view. Let the reader decide as to the credibility of one's comments, be content in the knowledge that discussion and diversity are good. 🙏

• Such nastiness is unnecessary and unproductive. You live in a world of hate and fear. Look deep within for that inner light, there you will find equanimity and peace. Also, enrol in an English 101 program, it may assist with getting your views across more succinctly. 

• Grasshopper "'blue-collar workman-type'' member .Not only do you have a great username, you have some good advice for her self improvement. Botherimg to spell correctly would improve the young slunt's range of expression......But you go too far.....You are trying to polish a turd. When a turd looks deep within, they don't find inner light....Just Shit...Ask a turd what they see in the mirror? They will say"a piece of shit.  So what comes out of their mouth??? Just more Shit. It has to be, it is the only thing in the thing.

A newfound vocabulary will make it worse for us

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Nightmare Off-Season replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"The Panthers just re-signed / about to re-sign May on 500k per season, and have re-signed Tago on 750k (reportedly) at centre. Our 3 centres probably don't reach 750k combined. 
So while they've developed great wingers as you mentioned, they've also…"
1 hour ago
MeelK replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I'd sign for that."
6 hours ago
LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Look i think it is more than just being put on the Wing. I think Flanno is a reason. Wanting to play semi's is another.
I think a move away will be an awakening for Lomax. He was on with Fltech and Hindy with Lawrie in 2022 and he mimicked Griffin.…"
7 hours ago
AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"600k is OK for the right winger. The Panthers sets are built on what their back 3 do on tackle one. The more momentum at the start of a set the more expansive a team can play but if our back three are getting smashed on tackle one and two it puts…"
7 hours ago
More…