Coming to Terms

My advice to my fellow Parra supporters is to chill out, stop ranting and accept that we support a club with its best days well behind them and better days so far in the future, only psychics can see them. Ranting is a waste of energy, bagging the players, coaches and management is pointless, you can’t change the future.

The club’s success is out of our hands, despite those who consistently post “the club will never succeed while supporters accept mediocrity” News flash, the club won’t succeed anyway. We are powerless to change our fortunes. We as supporters are forced to accepted mediocrity, just talking about the club is sign of acceptance, it still means you care enough to shit on it. 

If you're fair dinkum about not accepting "mediocrity" then you would hand back your membership, stop attending games, get off this site and simply walk away. But of course, not many of us are prepared to do that.  Until that day, you are accepting mediocrity. 

I’m resigned to the fact that all I have left is to hope for the unexpected, the unexpected is our only hope. I don’t expect to follow a dominant team, I don’t expect this club to be the powerhouse it should be and I don’t expect to witness a premiership in the foreseeable future.

The only hope I see is the unexpected, a fluky purple patch of form, the moon and stars aligning, the club signing quality NRL standard players, the coach proving his doubters wrong, Dylan Brown becomes our saviour ect, ect.

I certainly don’t expect the club to succeed due to great management or intelligent business decisions. The unexpected is all we have left moving forward. The other option is to stop supporting the game, supporting another team is not an option for me. This club is so entreched in me, I am forced to accept the crap it dishes out because I'm left with no other choice. Thanks Parra. 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Everything you say is bang on but........

I just like shitting on the club - they love doing it to us. 

• lol Frank, I just don't have the energy anymore. 

• I don't think fans are powerless, without them you don't have a club.

If all the fans went to home games and chanted what they wanted for example 'sack Arthur', they would have no choice but to think about releasing him.

That's not an image the board want for the club.

• At least  , Thank  heavens  the  moon  and  star's  will  come  into  alignment  , and also  a  big  thanks to  the " unexpected " . Ahhhh  !!   I can now  feel   the  negative  energy  suddenly  leaving  my soul   and now  being  replaced by some    sort of  purple fluky patch  , yesssssss !  This is our  truly  SAVIOR  !!!!!  my fellow EELERS  !!!    Cough  ! Cough  ! Cough  ! Cough  ! Cough  !  Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• You are right Joeseph, there is not much we can do and we probably have to accept that we follow a very up and down team (to put it lightly, though much more down than up). I followed the Eels through the dark years of the late 80s and early 90s where it looked like there was no way out of mediocrity. It took Superleague to get us out of that one, but I'd like to think the club can put its future in its own hands this time around.

The club certainly needs to recognise that the way the club is perfoming at the moment is well below par. I just hope they are doing all they can to provide for the future. We do have some promising juniors coming through, but we need to make sure that talent keeps coming through. Yes the next few years will be hard and we will struggle to make the 8. All I can do is be hopeful that something will spark in the team after that and bring us back to some sort of success. With so many players off contract there is a great opportunity to collate a team that can bring success. Let's hope the club realises that sustained success brings financial reward, because as business that is all that really matters.

• I don't think that future is looking very bright at the club.  There might be a new stadium and a "Centre of excellence" coming along but other club's have shown that you don't need centres of excellence to win competitions.

I don't think that any of the ranting, complaining that we do will change anything.  At the end of the day, Arthur is the coach until the end of 2021 whether we like it not.

Of course, if Parramatta was a team over here in England or another European country there would be boycotts, marches, rioting, you name it but people over in Australia seem too laid badk about their sporting teams in comparison.  And if you suggest action, you are kind of seen as a bit of an outsider.

• Ranting and perhaps sooking are very important venting mechanisms. The other option of bottling it up never ends well and is actually far worse than a little venting.

• Thank god for state of origin!!! 

Best time of the year for a eels supporter.

PS: I don’t have to accept mediocrity being a paying member. 

• Nice try Joseph! I'm hearing you man but you're dealing with a special type of whinging victim with this lot. They'd find fault with how we lifted up the Premiership Trophy lol. 

• Ranting is not a waste of energy. it is fun. It's also cathartic.

I mean, we're Eels fans, ffs, that shit brings frustration, anger and the end of any sensible hope. If we can't rant I'd be happy to throw fruit and rocks

I just wish that i had picked a marginally-less-shit club to meld with my DNA

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

LB replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Gutho knee issues
"Honestly i don't think BA knows what to do with Talagi, nobody at the club does. They want to sign him and then work it out later. They know he is not going to be a 6 or 7 anytime soon, so to keep him happy why not try Fullback as Gutho is ageing.…"
47 seconds ago
Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to LB's discussion Jamal Fogarty bicep injury, do we use Sanders as leverage?
"Savage would be to best option, but doubt Stuart will let him go. He is so Slater like it's not funny, if he wants it. Still needs a bit of work in defence, reading the game and so on but that will come with experience. "
1 minute ago
LB replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Gutho knee issues
"Since when is Gutho a Hooker? Really trust him defending in the middle? Sometimes people think if you have passing skills and can run you are a Hooker."
7 minutes ago
LB posted a discussion
If both Asi and Gutho are out v Manly, BA seemed to think Asi is fine as their doctor claimed category 2, Sanders might be needed to debut as we have Talagi at 1. But if we do need him it will be for one week. Fogarty could have torn his bicep, now…
8 minutes ago
More…