Centre Prospects for 2021

We all know that we need to fine a sutable replacement for MJ. Some off contract players we could target:

Adam Keighran

Pros: Had a brilliant game against manly round 20. Can cover 6, probably won't break the bank.

Cons: Haven't seen much of him so far.

Jamayne Isaako 

Pros: Goal kicking (can releave some presure off Moses in the big games), good finsher, can play five-eighth, fullback and wing, Broncs may chip in.

Cons: His 2020 form, never really playing centre before.

Brett Naden

Pros: Speed, Strength

Cons: Defence

Jordan Rapana

Pros: Big game experience which we need

Cons: Price tag, comes up with dumb plays, hasn't played much centre

Kotoni Staggs:

Pros: Strength, Speed, Power, Goal Kicking, Game Breaker

Cons: His ACL injury, price tag

Is there anyone I've missed and who would you want

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• But it's such a nice drive, especially if he takes the coastal road and not the freeway

• I'm sure it is, i'm just reporting the facts.

Just the facts.

• Stephen Crichton can be negotiated with as of Nov 1 but is contracted with the Panthers until 2022.

• Yeah, something tells me he's not going anywhere

• This year became really clear that you can't play Moneyball with your centres. We already have one terrible defender that gave other teams a critical point of attack when breaking our team apart. It cost us dearly.

We have quite a lot of attacking players in our team already so we need a strong defender to work on the left with Sivo and make sure our left can't be broken down as well as our right or we'll struggle to make the 8.

Here are some of the options I've been thinking about since we lost Jennings...

1. Dead Whare
      Not as good as he once was, but still a strong defender, a big hitter and on the outer at Penrith with Naden coming through.
    2. Braiden Burns
      A young weapon that might struggle to find a spot in the backline at Souths. They have a talented backline, so we should look to make a move on at least one centre from there as they always have a couple on hand.
    3. Moses Mbye
      Was looking pretty good at centre before his injury and the Tigers may need to shed some players with their cap situation. Only an option if Tigers pay some freight, I wouldn't pay what they're paying for him.
    4. Brent Naden
      Clearly a talented and promising player that helped the Panthers win this year's comp. He has defensive issues that worries me, but there's not too many options for decent centres out there.
    • Adam Keighran could be a good attacking option, not sure what his defence is like though?
    • Dean would certainly not be as good as he was if he is dead. (sorry, I couldn't resist)

• LOL - Great point! Haha

• Maybe Dylan Walker, 

Sign Semi Radradra and Maybe play Fergo at centre in his last year.

michael Oldfield does well everytime called upon for Ricky.

kotoni Staggs very bad defender 

joseph Manu, since roosters gunning hard for Suali

• I like Dylan Walker can cover halves as well

• If we could get Semi he would only come to play centre and Fergo is a much better winger than he is a centre. Getting Semi to play centre would be nice though.

If Manu was available I would hope that the Eels would make a big play for him. He is a great young centre with many years of great footy ahead of him and would be my pick of any centre in the league. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Bup replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"Lomax is nearly the perfect player Parra need to aquire.
The story's about his attitude and immaturity are prevalent and he's in a environment he doesn't want to be in .
The value here is you can get yourself a footballer for under market value due…"
14 minutes ago
Prof. Daz’s discussion was featured
Sigmund Freud once said that “one day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful”. With the Eels on-field general and kicking maestro, Mitchell Moses, out for up to 8 weeks with a fractured foot, the Eels will need…
37 minutes ago
Jake replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Could it be Maika to make way for Lomax.
Round 4 deadline. Maika suspended until round 4. Hmmm"
40 minutes ago
Prof. Daz posted a discussion
Sigmund Freud once said that “one day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful”. With the Eels on-field general and kicking maestro, Mitchell Moses, out for up to 8 weeks with a fractured foot, the Eels will need…
46 minutes ago
More…