Parramatta fans know that the team have a weak underbelly, and now they must overcome the shortest allowable turn around in the NRL  (5 days), and beat the underperfoming last place Panthers, or face the reality of another season sliding by.

1  Who should be dropped ?

2. Can the Eels toughen up and get the win ?

For mine Alvaro must be dropped as well as Takairangi. These two have been the worst performing players in the NRL and would not make any other team's starting side.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• HOE,  come first session when the players and all the staff associated with the team, management and coaches should sit down in front of a really big screen perhaps of quadrophonic sound qualities and have the first game of the season played in full before them, then run the games against Storm and Cows afterwards.

After sitting through those matches, and its a marathon sitting down, the coach should ask a simple question.  Can any of you see a difference in the way the games were played?  Allow that question to sink in and then he needs to say simply, 17 players took the field in the winning game, and every week 17 players take the field whether win or losing.  Do you as individuals or as a team want to be winners or losers, if you want to be winners, play like winners how many of you were in the winning teams and how many in the losing teams?

If you want to be winners get out on the paddock and show it in training and in all the games the rest of the year, if you want to be lossers, leave your gear at the front door and go to your car and drive home.  Your individual decisions.

With that as coach I would walk out and let the time sink in and wait out in the middle of the paddock.

• Colin, That's a good idea. 

Anything to get these guys to play to the best of their abilities. They're not right now.

At the end of the day that's what counts for them, for the coach. The club. And most fans. Why waste life and time playing below your best. 

They played somewhere close to their abilities in the first two months. Mostly. Made themselves proud. So what happened? They stopped doing something off-field. What caused the difference.

Brad had them bonding and playing for each other. Tears even. Making right the wrongs of 2018. But something changed in the first 2 months. Maybe they stopped moving forward. I saw it in their flat footed defence and butter soft middle defence. And also in their desparation. Lack of patience, belief and reduced confidence.

• Mate, RL has to be the craziest game of all especially for supporters, look at not just the eels, but NCLE, Penrith, horses, Saints, Warriors, Sharks, Wests, most of them have had crazy fluctuations in their game abilities,3/4 teams are consistent yet still can cop a hiding.

The players train for full games, there is huge variety in what they do, they show what they can do on the training paddock, but when they run out on to the field now, they tend to suffer shell shock, perhaps even before the starting pistol trigger has been pulled, just as well I guess as they may have all thought they had been shot and were looking for bullet wounds.

I cannot understand how a team that are playing together, should be bonding together and playing for each other, not just with each other. Unless of course there is some dissension in the group, and all the media interviews are just hot air. Maybe the number of NRL players off contract and know they wont be staying is also affecting their play, rather than lifting, they are just shrugging their shoulders and say I will just go through the motions to get paid. But! whoe's going to sign them as several are still young enough to have a good career.

I said earlier that when I saw the warm up bits, the in sheds huddle and way they ran on to the ground they all looked flat & definiately not in any sort of enthusiastic attitude, in the warm up there was one player just resting against the goal posts, at least that's what it looked like on the screen.

• Yeah, Colin. Who knows how they are personally feeling. But some off contract should not be renewed. I'd be telling those guys now. Clear all the BS. 

Personally, I feel they jumped too quickly on Arthur after the 10-64 record loss. And Gutho. He's on overs now. I would have broomsticked the place after the last two weeks.

Also, this is a damgerous game against the Panthers. They will see this as a golden opportunity to make amends for the crap they've put out and get revenge. It will be a battle of wills. If we come out flat again FMD.

People always say they're professional athletes, they're paid to perform at the highest levels. But they're not robots. It's also human nature: We aren't always at our best. Everyone fails. Whilst some people are naturally more motivated and I'm all for understanding and third chances - it's time these guys had a serious look at themselves. They're at the fork in the road.

And make a statement - if they want to be first grade footballers. Maybe some are just not cut out for it anymore.

• All ticks for me

• I see the lack of patience, belief and reduced confidence not in our players, but our supporters

• You might be a coach without a team. The differenve between winning and losing depends on the opposition. We are not a team of champions, but they try hard.  Some of them would not make first grade with other clubs.and are mistake prone. Until we get a better roster be happy with the wins we had sofar. I know I am. Do you have a coaching certificate as you seem to know it all.The players only need video playbacks to learn from their mistakes. They know when they have had a bad game and am sure that they feel bad about it.

• This reply was deleted.
          • Poppa, it is good to hear that you took the time to get your coaching certificate. I agree that Moses has talent but is too hot and cold for my liking. He is not an industrious half and plays on instinct. His occasional wide pass to an onobstructed winger may make him look like a hero, but unless he puts his body on th line which he does not often,as he prefers to pass long before he makes contact. I dont think his style of play suits our team. We are frustrated as our roster is a work in progress and is lacking in certain positions, which are cruelly exposed by the opposition sometimes. We are inconsistant because our roster is not up to scratch

• Keith, You criticise fans for "not having confidence" or "patience" in our players but then you say: "our roster is not up to scratch" is "lacking", "inconsistent" and Moses doesn't suit the team. 

• Hell on Eels,  I am realistic in my expectations and that is why I said that I was happy with our wins sofar. I did not expect miracles with this roster. and netiher did the experts. I do not understand the recriminations after a loss as most of these are to be expected. You had raised your expectations too high after our early victories. W e had not beaten a team of highstanding and consequent losses were to be expected. The size of the loss against Melbourne was disappointing but our 54-4 win against the West Tigers also came out of the blue. Be Happy Take the good with the bad, but be realistic and you wont be so disappointed.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

MeelK replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I'd sign for that."
3 minutes ago
LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Look i think it is more than just being put on the Wing. I think Flanno is a reason. Wanting to play semi's is another.
I think a move away will be an awakening for Lomax. He was on with Fltech and Hindy with Lawrie in 2022 and he mimicked Griffin.…"
1 hour ago
AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"600k is OK for the right winger. The Panthers sets are built on what their back 3 do on tackle one. The more momentum at the start of a set the more expansive a team can play but if our back three are getting smashed on tackle one and two it puts…"
1 hour ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Agree , need to keep him. "
1 hour ago
More…