Parramatta fans know that the team have a weak underbelly, and now they must overcome the shortest allowable turn around in the NRL  (5 days), and beat the underperfoming last place Panthers, or face the reality of another season sliding by.

1  Who should be dropped ?

2. Can the Eels toughen up and get the win ?

For mine Alvaro must be dropped as well as Takairangi. These two have been the worst performing players in the NRL and would not make any other team's starting side.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Pops good post, and you are right about BA, while so many condemn him outside the paddoc, the only person to have openly been upset at a grading in public has been Tepai  Moeroa https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2019/05/18/moeroa-admits-it-hurt-...

Seems the old saying of Truth Hurts is still in vogue but some cannot accept truth as they like living the lie life.

BA brought him into the team early and has stuck by him through a lot of games of varioured quality, other words he showed loyalty to his players and tried to help them, how have they repaid that?

Moeroa admits it hurt being called soft
            Parramatta Eels forward Tepai Moeroa says it hurt being called soft by coach Brad Arthur after last week's hammering, but says the team is keen to ma…
  • Either way Stone needs to be there for his line speed and defence. Our lack of line speed is allowing teams to roll on and dominate the ruck. 

• Hopefully Stone will be ok for the next match.

• I’d pick 

1: B French

2: M Sivo

3: M Jennings 

4: B Takarangi 

5: B Ferguson 

6: C Gutherson

7: M Moses

8: Jr Paulo

9: R Mahoney 

10: D Alvaro

11: S Lane

12: M Nuikore

13: M Mau

14: W Smith

15: T Mannah

16: O Kaufusi 

17: P Terepo 

i wouldnt play T Moeroa I would rest him considering he had two bad head knocks.

i think Mahoney needs a bit of help so W Smith to the

bench, gutho in the front line with French at the back 

We will probably play Penrith back into form instead like we did with Newcastle n the cowboys 

if parramatta can’t win this game there is something wrong they probably won’t have Maloney either 

then we play Souths without there rep players we should win the next two games both games at bankwest too.

• I agree with this side. Assuming salmon is out of favour I’d be playing Gutherson at 6 until Brown is fit to play. 

• Likewise Michael. Although I would like to see French in the 6 spot, maybe he and Gutho could alternate and work for positioning together. Both have good speed and Bev a lot of natural abilities that he could really make a difference in.

If Stone was available I would have him on the bench over Smith, he can cover short spurts at dummy half as with Gutho or French to let Mahoney have a spell, I think Mahoney needs a mid game break really and once his tank is full again would handle the last 20 very well.

• Sometimes the difference between a brain explosion and attacking genius is luck. Nothing more, nothing less.

But a halfback can minimise the need for risk taking by controlling a game. Knowing who's tired, knowing what your forwards need, communicating with your backs, feeding your backs, early ball, late ball, grubber, bomb, etc etc. Halfbacks are paid big dollars (and rightly so) to get these decisions right. All the pressure is on Moses. As it should be.

• Nitram, MM has to seriously look at his own game play and see how monotenous and easy to read it is. If that's all he's ever going to produce then we will be heading nowhere.  The loss of DBrown and his variation in play is really showing up MM"s lack of's.  He simply needs to realise that he has to rethink his game, and offer more especially in his kicking game.

•  I would like to see bevan given a run at six. He looks like he has his confidence back. He has a skill set you can't coach. Defence could be an issue  He could be our Cody walker. If stone is available he will help with our line speed. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Hell On Eels replied to Blue Eel's discussion The Truth Hurts: Article
"Brilliant post, Bup. Well said, even though I do enjoy listening to players or former players talk every week even if some of it is forced due to their media and fan engagement obligations. A guilty pleasure. 
There seems to be a "calm,…"
18 minutes ago
ByronBae replied to EA's discussion Luca Moretti early footy career
"Will Penisini and Joseph Suaalii did one yesterday too."
42 minutes ago
Michael W. replied to Blue Eel's discussion The Truth Hurts: Article
"Spot on Poppa, he has it on "very good authority" that he jack shit about footy."
56 minutes ago
Coryn Hughes replied to LB's discussion Analysis and reflection of BA and is sacking the go, WARNING LONG BLOG.
"Maybe it's because I've played and am more empathetic to players and coaches and how hard it really is.Its why I get discouraged but not like some of the rubbish written here.Some of the stuff on here is just over the top.It feels like a living…"
58 minutes ago
More…