Parramatta fans know that the team have a weak underbelly, and now they must overcome the shortest allowable turn around in the NRL  (5 days), and beat the underperfoming last place Panthers, or face the reality of another season sliding by.

1  Who should be dropped ?

2. Can the Eels toughen up and get the win ?

For mine Alvaro must be dropped as well as Takairangi. These two have been the worst performing players in the NRL and would not make any other team's starting side.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I think they'll beat the Panthers. It has the potential to be either close, or we steam roll them. Unfortunately it's another danger game that Parra seems to keep getting. Things for thought:

- Maika Sivo is back, thankfully that means George Jennings is OUT

- Jaemen Salmon or Josh Hoffan to replace Brad Takarangi at Centre. Michael Jennings will be back, so even better.

- Will Smith wasn't awful, but I think Bevan French deserves his shot at 6.

- I'm not sure about Daniel Alvaro. I'd be dropping him if Nathan Brown was back, but he isn't for a few more weeks.

- Either that or I'd put Gutho at 6, and French at 1. Either way, give Bevan a shot.

• Who should be dropped?

Taka- The first player we need to get rid of to change the culture.

Hoffman - Is a slow winger at best these days.. Not a bckline utility capable of playing centre.

George Jennings - Can never be picked again. Strong ball runner. No brain, terrible hands. Whatever side he plays on gets abused by the opposition and we get killed down. 

Alvaro- Absolute plodder

Manu. Has the odd strong run ..esp off a quick play the ball. But his defence is the biggest liability of any player in our squad. Constantly loses the contact, cant wrap the ball up so is constantly allowing offloads and no player in our team gets an oppositions set rolling like him. We've been deadset rolled through our middle in 3 games this year and he's played in all of them. The only game he played we didn't get rolled through was the Dragons and he wasn't much better there. 

Who will get dropped?

George Jennings and Hoffman. Also wouldnt be suprised if Junior missed out cozz he seems to be carrying an injury at the moment.

• Hoffman is slow is he. Who was who ran 90 for a try i forget. 

• We are not fortune tellers, but I will have a go.The Panthers dont have the same imposing pack as the Cowboys and are running last due to lack of confidence and not replacing the players they lost last year. At BankWest stadium I am predicting a good win. Sivo and Michael Jennings should be back. Mannah as a starting prop in place of Alvaro and promote Ray Stone and Kane Evans. Kaufusi has not been setting the world on fire. Josh Hoffman could be retained in the centres in place of Taka, but I think they will keep him,as he scored a try against the Cowboys and is a coaches favourite. He can also produce the unexpected.

• promote Kane Evans? are you high?

• Yes, that is how bad Alvaro is going.

• Penrith dropped two of their main players this weekend and lost badly both players went tops in the CC game especially RCG who will be picked against the eels and will be wanting to prove Cleary wrong and have a game to prove it.  Being a home game for the eels we need to have a couple of changes at least for those players to be shown what they are producing on field is not good enough.  The team also has to win this one as much is riding on it.

Of interest is that despite the loss in Townsville the eels are still sitting in 8th spot on the ladder.

• I actually thought Will Smith did a fairly good job, considering. I can't see the Eels winning this game against the Panthers. The Panthers are over due for a win and the Eels are the "Catalyst" team of the NRL and have been for a number of years about 5.5 to be exact. Penrith 28 vs Eels 12. You could take a pick of any number of players to drop but I'd drop the coach first then Kidwell 2nd.

• Montoeel, You must be mentally retarded to write o blog of such nonsense. Will Smith did a good Job considering what? He is an experienced player in that position. I cannot make a case for the Panthers winning. They are running last because their form is hopeless. We are at home where we are unbeaten, We should have a stronger team this week. Our form against the cowboys was reasonable. The short turnaround is not in our favour and I see this as our only disadvantage. How many players do you want to drop as there are noit many replacements to choose from. Sacking the coach and his assistant is an imbecile suggestion.Got any more good ideas?

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Kurupt - Sofa King Annoyed replied to EelsAgeMe's discussion Most embarrassing game in our history?
"Defence sux, attack sux, coach sux."
5 minutes ago
Surfer eel replied to Surfer eel's discussion BA
"Yes Have thought about it to be honest."
5 minutes ago
Bup replied to EA's discussion Name and Shame the players
"Least there's a good days racing ahead , as long as the rains not too heavy."
6 minutes ago
My Bob replied to EA's discussion Name and Shame the players
"Spot on. I thought the same thing, a few wingers in the NRL can score these spectacular tries, it is almost expected now. Not our boys, clearly they do not practice this at training as the other clubs do, our wingers are too busy front loading their…"
10 minutes ago
More…