Cameron Smith the untouchable!

So, even after, he is recorded very clearly challenging the integrity of the referree, he escapes with no penalty, meanwhile others who have done the same, get binned or sent.  No consequence from the NRL Review Committee.  Says it all.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The worst part is the media still claim the Storm won the 07 and 09 Grand Finals.

The Ch 9 promotion on Sunday ran footage of both those games promoting the Storm's GF winning history.

• They also showed a graphic indicating that Storm had won 5 premierships. My blood was boiling by that point...

• Smith wasn't exactly wrong though. It certainly looked like every decision that could go penrith's way was going their way and to the greatest possible extent. The same ref didn't send off the Souths hooker for that ruck infringement but decided to send off the Melbourne hooker for a ruck infringement. Ours was also 5 metres out from the Rabbitohs line meaning it was even more so a try scoring opportunity. That his mindset was pro Penrith in that situation and not pro parra in the same scenario is certainly something to question. Why?

• Yep, the inconsistencies. The funniest bit is the double whammy here.  Smith questioning the ref allegedly squaring up the ledger and making a game of it, after the storm received all of the momentum and pretty much every favourable decision in the first half. Amazing stuff.  I always thought the Storm would win, not saying for a minute that Penrith were the better side.  I also accept people have the right to have a different opinion.  Mine however, is that refereeing decisions in the first half heavily influenced the result in the long term, despite "Camerons" perhaps credible call about squaring up.  Heck, how many games have we seen the inbalanced calls, swing the other way in the second half which is just ONE of the reasons for my post.  Add to that the debate over salary cap application, inconistencies in the decisions of the bunker, the MRC and the outcomes at the Judiciary just to name a few.   NRL needs to clean up its act, but again, that is just my opinion.  Accept others will not agree, just as others on here have shown they do.

• This has been a good discussion and thanks for starting the blog. I know others disagree with my viewpoint on Smith and the Storm but thats the good thing about this forum and being in a democracy.

• This reply was deleted.
          • GEEZ Popps - Monto did not start this bun fight, but he did hold his own once he got into it.

No depreciation for him.

• I get sucked in, plus I was bored 

• For those that want the TLDR version of this blog, here it is:

Cameron Smith is a cheat.

No he isn't.

Yes he is.

No he isn't.

Yes he is.

No he isn't.

Yes he is.

No he isn't.

Yes he is.

No he isn't.

Yes he is.

No he isn't.

Yes he is.

No he isn't.

Yes he is.

No he isn't.

Yes he is.

No he isn't.

Yes he is.

No he isn't.

Yes he is.

No he isn't.

Yes he is.

No he isn't.

Yes he is.

No he isn't.

• You left out 'yes he is'

• Lol

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Michael W. replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 3 Team List v Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
"Tell me which teams have an outside back on the bench."
8 minutes ago
Frank Nelson replied to Offside's discussion Hayze Perham
"Agree"
19 minutes ago
shane replied to Offside's discussion Hayze Perham
"If true those responsible for recruitment should be sacked immediately"
24 minutes ago
Frank Nelson replied to Offside's discussion Hayze Perham
"After the Penrith game I thought that our first grade 2-5 were equally as useless. The Penrith outside backs were all over us. My thoughts after the game were we need a top notch 2,3,4,5. We do not have that at the moment"
26 minutes ago
More…