OK Frankie, time for you to try and actually debate some things - if you are able. I'm sick and tired of the incessant Roosters this, Roosters that - it's an Eels site mate. I'm not sure how you survive, you couldn't go into a Coles or Woolies to shop - you'd hit the deli section, see chicken breasts and start having a tug, same for the frozen section and the old steggles chook would have you dropping your strides again, chip aisles and the Samboy Chicken chips set you off again, chicken noodle soup and chicken nuggets - you'd be red raw. I'm also sick of that fact that whenever anyone questions your narrow minded views, instead of debating them, you immediately revert to trying to belittle them. You carry on like you're some massive leader of Industry with friends in the highest places. You try and force your views down peoples throats and then have the hide to come back with insults and name calling when they post an opposing view. Mate, it's getting very, very boring and oh so predictable, I actually now start to chuckle when I read some of the dribble and feel sorry for you. If you are such a heavy hitter, like you love to tell us, instead of telling anyone and everyone how the club should be run - despite some of your ideas being completely illegal (Rooster like), a fact you still won't admit - how about you get off your arse and actually do something? Or are you too busy propping up Politis and the Roosters, your number 1 loves?
So you're number one go to is the old Bush Coach call, something you seemed proud to claim as the catchphrase you invented. Unfortunately, this means you have also labelled some very good coaches as Bush Coaches, as there's plenty that have a similar CV to BA over the last 5-6 years. Funnily enough, you don't seem to have put forward a suggestion as to who this new master coach we should be chasing is - well not that I've seen? Immediately I ask legitimate questions, you revert to your normal defense mode - belittle, name calling and ignoring the question. So once again, for the last time, here's your chance to actually answer some real questions, if you have the balls to do so.
According to you I am some BA lover and head of his fan club. That's complete BS, but your normal go to response to anything I post. I've questioned BA's selections, bench rotations and I am not happy with the way we are world beaters one game and absolute duds the next. I've also openly admitted many times that I don't know if BA is the right coach for us going forward. I've openly stated my assumptions of what has happened behind the scenes and not once has anyone actually answered the questions I've asked, not once - crickets. So here they are again in bullet point form. I'd appreciate if you and your "followers" can actually debate these rather than reverting to your usual cheapshot fallbacks. Now I stress, I'm not talking about on-field results, as I've claimed many times, the on-field stuff is affected by the off-field issues - something you have to agree with given your love of posting how all things Roosters start with your bum buddy Politis. SO, please comment on these assumptions that I've posted several times in the past for someone to clarify or refute:-
- BA took over a team that won 2 wooden spoons
- We improved the next year, 2015
- We improved even further the next year, 2016 and would have played semi final footy except for the salary cap saga
- We lost several players like Peats and Junior
- We were not able to recruit players due to the issues, we had to shed blokes on decent coin and replace them with "cheapies"
- We had Administrators come in and they're still here to this day due to the factions not allowing the Liquor and Gaming reforms to go through
- Despite this, we certainly overachieved in 2017 and should have gone further except for the NRL making sure the Storm won by any means in our first semi. We were flat for the next one against the team that also made the GF, the Cowboys
- 2018 was diabolical, results were terrible and we deserved the spoon 100%. However, I maintain that the loss of Semi was a bigger hit than anyone expected. Also, the NRL's last minute decision to have the refs blow 30-40 penalties a game slowed the game dramatically, which suited the bigger packs and crucified our smaller mobile pack that was so strong in the late part of 2017.
- Under Administrators funding was cut to the footy department, we were not staffed even remotely as close to other NRL teams
- We have not recruited well up until the end of last season after the review, which clearly showed the funding cuts were a reality and the powers that be agreed to open the chequebook some more
- We started to recruit to fill the gaps we were shown to be deficient at in 2018 - Junior added the big body in the middle, Fergo and Sivo added size and the carry back to the back 3, Lane has been a great edge forward signing. It's a start but we are still carrying too many non-NRL quality players
- We have started to have the Juniors come through from the systems that have been put in place - what % of those systems is down to BA I don't know, but apparently he's been a decent part of it. If someone in the know can clarify how that all panned out since BA arrived, that would be great to know
- The likes of Brown, Niukore, Mahoney and Kaufusi have debuted. We have Stefano coming through Wenty, both Under 18 NSW props are Eels juniors. These guys are just learning the ropes of being an NRL player week in week out, look at how many other clubs have promising juniors coming through that at some stage need a break or to go back a grade and work on things - it happens to everyone, it takes time. Are the signs positive? I'd suggest YES, very positive
- Has BA been granted unfettered, complete autonomy in the retention and recruitment of players? I'd suggest NO based on what I've read and heard
- Has BA been allowed to chase whomever he wants and for whatever price to compete with the top teams? I'd suggest NO
- Has the affect of the Administrators and cost cutting affected our on-field situation? I'd suggest absolutely YES
- If the assumptions I've made in numbers 13-16 are true, is it fair for people to be blaming BA for the on-field performances? In part YES (strategy, bench rotations etc), but in part a massive NO (I believe he's doing what he can with the cattle he's been allowed - remember, zero current rep players, at least $50K under the cap)
Now Fong, try and respond to as many of the above as you can, no belittling, no chest beating and name calling, no mention of the Roosters. Here's your chance to show me that you can actually be a positive contributor to this site, not a whingeing Roosters fanboy. I've stated several times, and I'll say it again. I'm not a BA fanboy, I'm a lover of the Eels first and foremost and I want us to be competitive each and every year. I've openly said BA may not be the right coach for us, I 100% agree, but I don't think he's been given even close to the tools he requires to have a fair crack at the job. So any coach that follows him will also struggle if my assumptions above are correct. It appears that things are changing, we seem to be more active in the player market, we've dropped and are releasing some deadwood, we are being linked to some decent quality players, we've had more support staffed employed (something that I think we can defintiely improve on in quality as well). If you can prove to me that my facts and assumptions above are incorrect (particularly 13-16) I'll happily post another blog entitled "Brissyeel was Wrong, Fong was Right, BA needs to be sacked immediately". But for the life of me, I cannot see how people can blame BA for 100% of our issues, especially if some of my assumptions are correct. Every time I've stated this I get comments about our results on-field. It's not about the on-field stuff, that's a flow on from the off-filed things - Fong, your own recent blog about the Roosters highlights the fact you believe it all starts at the top with strong management - yet you put on your Eels hat and place the blame 100% on BA - mate, that's a complete contradiction!!!!