Such exciting times for the club, so lucky to be getting this stadium, even though its been a lean few decades we will be able to have something to be really proud of to go and watch our club and to play out of.

Please add your stadium pics here, thanks to all of the people who have taken these pics, especially the stadium thread on the  WSW forum where ive taken many of these pics from, thankyou to all...

Birds nest? Coliseum? WSC, WSS, Anybody got any good names?

Below, The field of dreams on completion before opening, April 2019, now officially has the name Bankwest stadium but will always be Parra stadium to me.

Go the Eels!

Pictures, add your stadium pics lads,

Cheers

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Cannot remember which ground it was that had inside ditches along the fence line IIRC for drainage the fences themselves had advertising on them and were made of tin, on one televised match which was played on a wet surface a try scorer who dived forward to plant the ball ended up sliding into the fence, took some time to get up though, was checked by the trainer and had time off to recover.

With the fencelines closer, any advertising such as the portable tobelone signs are going to take up some space, but could be protections anyway, there would also need to be soft cushioning type of materials in any of the advertising signs, a lot of which today are LED type light up signs that rotate with different sponsors on them. The would I think need to be up high rather than ground level.

• It is close, almost Old Trafford like

• Given one of the Morris twins slammed into the hoardings there in 2013, I'm surprised they've built it so close. That actually has me genuinely concerned that a player is going to get injured because the pitch is too close to the stands.

• 1560154550?profile=RESIZE_930x

• 1560166963?profile=RESIZE_930x

• Now that's a proper hospitality suite.

• 1747489438?profile=RESIZE_930x1747497198?profile=RESIZE_710x1747501066?profile=RESIZE_930x1747504382?profile=RESIZE_710x1747507599?profile=RESIZE_930x1747510711?profile=RESIZE_930x1747515096?profile=RESIZE_930x1747518914?profile=RESIZE_930x1747524884?profile=RESIZE_930x1747530015?profile=RESIZE_710x1747535073?profile=RESIZE_930x

• Thanks for the pics cursed, looks incredible, the blue lights inside look slick.

Going to be the best home ground in the comp.

Hopefully we might see a bit of a knock on effect around, people see how good this is and it plants the seeds for more new stadiums built around NSW and the country.

• North Queensland are getting a new stadium built as we speak.

• And of course, Allianz Stadium is bound to be right up there alongside BankWest Stadium, if not better, and ANZ Stadium will be getting a major makeover. The QLD Government is mulling over plans to upgrade & modernise Suncorp, if Perth get a team, the WA government has pledged $96m to substantially upgrade NIB Stadium.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Bup replied to Hell On Eels's discussion R8 v Manly: The Rise and Fall of the Eels
"great blog HOE. Our aging roster is a massive concern, especially when we need to replace aging front rowers at a time our backline is bog average.
I love RCG but he's 31 this year, there's a bloke from St Helen's that's not as big as him but plays…"
39 minutes ago
Flow Basket replied to Hell On Eels's discussion R8 v Manly: The Rise and Fall of the Eels
"I don't think we can make the 8"
57 minutes ago
Flow Basket replied to LB's discussion Analysis and reflection of BA and is sacking the go, WARNING LONG BLOG.
"Yes"
1 hour ago
Coryn Hughes replied to LB's discussion Analysis and reflection of BA and is sacking the go, WARNING LONG BLOG.
"I'll never leave.I don't care how bad we are going I'll always back an under dog no matter what.Staying hard has its testing times and this is just another one of many along the journey.My NFL team has never won the SB and lost a game that seemed…"
5 hours ago
More…