BROWN FREE TO PLAY FINALS.

Parramatta Eels forward Nathan Brown has taken the early guilty plea after been charged by the NRL Match Review Committee following the team’s clash with the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs in Round 23 at Bankwest Stadium.

He will miss two weeks and will be free to play finals footy, following a hit on Dallin Watene-Zelezniak in the 47th minute of Thursday night’s match.

His charge has a base penalty of 350 points, with 262 points for an early guilty plea.

Brown was facing a three-week ban, but has had it reduced to two weeks after taking the early guilty plea.

He will be available to play for the first week of finals football.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Probably lucky to be playing finals with the current crack down on late hits. 

• So who replaces him? Alvaro the plodder? Maybe Tepai the plodder 2 or hopefully someone who can actually make an impact and actually defend and who isn't as slow as a snail.

• Easy get Marata off the bench to start and put Kufusi in as a bench player

• My pick ^^^^. Both Alvaro and Tepai need to be in reserves permanently. With Ferguson back, Taka drops to 14. Terepo comes in. Kafus. .Gower

• Reverse those two, Kafusi run on 13 and Marata off the bench as needed.

Kafusi is playing at 13 with Wenty, but can also play prop where he has been in the NRL Team previously,  

• If Davis is still playing well in reserves, maybe he could be an option to play with Marata off the bench. The last time I saw him play a few weeks ago he was very impressive. Has speed, is physically tough, a good tackler but not sure about his other skill sets like ball playing, offloading, left and right passing, etc.  

• Firstly what's the difference between ponga tackle on Gunderson looks similar to me.  Secondly he was not playing well let's get another player to play that can break the line .

• can i say this after watching the roosters game and interviews in the dressing room, all but two roosters had ice on there knees ect,,

others had tape all over the bodies, look at the results 28 /nil half time,, 2nd half  12/6 to st george..

the roosters may be a great side but there busted up,,there not the good things surely most think..

• Yeah that was a shoulder charge & the one from ponga on Gutho wasn't. What a load of crap. It isn't what the charge is, It is however who it is that makes their decision. More fine work from the NRL.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Bup replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"He's not happy there at the moment, Melbourne don't keep blokes that aren't buying in."
2 minutes ago
AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"When was the last time a premiership was won with an expensive centre?
It's not the formula to success "
20 minutes ago
LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I agree Mutts, I actually don't mind us going with him at Centre and forgetting Lomax. "
34 minutes ago
Hugo replied to Johnny Suede's discussion Clubs monitoring status of Jake Arthur
"Hmmm maybe I will have to reconsider my comment as you are making some very good points 😂"
34 minutes ago
More…