Broncos vs Eels - footy returns.

* Includes team list Tuesday discussion.

With so much anticipation surrounding the return of the NRL and the mighty Eels starring in the first game back after an untimely and catastrophic interruption to the season, I thought I'd post a game day blog a few days in advance. I'm sure our passionate supporter base won't mind.

How good is it that team list Tuesday is almost here and adding to this, the ratings for this game will be absolutely phenomenal!

We will of course be without Nathan Brown however, we have all other players on deck and available for selection, including Mahoney by all reports.

This game has been a long time coming and should see a global audience. Master stroke V'landys!

It will be a tough trip up to QLD and the Broncos will no doubt be very ready for this. Lodge will be on fire if he is available and I'm looking forward to the battle up front against the young, but very talented Broncos pack.

So, who is your tip?

Margin?

MOM?

1. Clint Gutherson
2. Maika Sivo
3. Michael Jennings
4. Waqa Blake
5. Blake Ferguson
6. Dylan Brown
7. Mitch Moses
8. Reagan Campbell-Gillard
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Junior Paulo
11. Shaun Lane
12. Ryan Matterson
13. Marata Niukore
Interchange
14. Brad Takairangi
15. Ray Stone
16. Kane Evans
17. Peni Terepo
18. Oregon Kaufusi
19. George Jennings
20. Jaeman Salmon
21. David Gower

BRING ON THE FOOTY AND GO YOU EELS!

I'M EXCITED

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Best halves performance in such a long time. The influence Joey has had on the team is obvious.

• PLUS Moses getting clearing kicks 60 - 70 metres from inside his own 30.

He starts getting his angle right, look out.

@ macy - best part was 15 to go with the game in the bag but the Eels did not take their foot off the accelerator still lokking for points and fast line speed in defence.

My word for this game = Impressive.

• The whole Parra squad should be charged with common assault. What a frigging flaying that was. 100 miles an hour stuff.

I was working during the game and kept away from spoilers. What a lovely suprise.

I would have thought the Broncos would have been up for revenge for the 58-0 massacre last year, but they brought the lube this time and told us to have another go.

When we put in a performance like that vs Storm and Roosters then I'll say we can win it.

• Wow, players on both sides have done well to be so fit while in isolation. Loved the new rules, one ref & how the Eels performed. Brisbane pushed it in the first half & quickly stopped the slow down tactics. The ref had a great game you hardly noticed him, thumbs up from me. 

•  I wasn,t completely sold on Dylan Brown, though we paid way to much for him. Startin to swing the other way after last nights effort. Couple of good kicks, went to the line, and more involved. Well done DB.

I think i like him Poppa. LOL.

• LOL Graham - if you think we paid too much for Brown how do you think the Bronx fans feel about their Million Dollar Man Milford?

Brown is improving almost every game so I am not going to complain - unless he starts playing like Milford.

• WHY oh WHY is Stone our back up hooker.

I have never been a fan of Stone but last night our attack stopped dead when he came on.

He does not have the long pass Mahoney does, so simply passes to the nearest forward whether the player is moving forward or not.

Mahoney has forwrds at full speed and then tackle 3 the massive long pass to either Moses or Brown to allow the halves to create something. Stone sends forwards into the strongest defensiove area and I don't think he passed to the halves once all game.

If Stone is the best option back up hooker we have we better hope Reed plays EVERY game.

Stone has all the creativity of a Rock from DH.

The rest of the team were magnificent showing thier hunger for a big win.

Credit where credit is due, Bronx defence held us out for ages under enormous pressure until we wore them down and opened them up in the last 20 minutes.

First game for Six again rule was a success imo - let's see how the other refs go before declaring it a full success though.

ONE REF - how sweet it was - although we did get away with a couple to avoid giving Bronx six again.

New rules have opened the game back to being a spectacle worth watching.

Very impressed with the quality and speed of the game after such a long lay off.

• This reply was deleted.
      • HE IS NOT A FREEKING HOOKERS BUTT PLUG!

Does that give you my opinion of him?

Stone can defend strongly most of the time, but as a DH he sux rocks.

Good ISC player but not yet FG standard.

He does NOT get the ball to the playmakers often enough - if at all.

2695 runs at the line from inside 15 metres and all he did was give it to a forward who wasn't even running hard because said forward should NOT have been getting the ball.

Disagree all you like Oh Great Demented One, but you will still be waiting a long time for him to be up to scratch.

FFS Junior would make a better DH than Da Rock.

We must have soomeone better to choose from - bloody Bush Coach doesn't have a clue (That's for you Bourbs lol)

• You're judging him on a six minute period at the end of the game, in his first outing at hooker. Talk about being premature.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

ParraPride replied to Prof. Daz's discussion R4 V TIGERS: FREUD SAYS ‘WORK THROUGH’ IT, DEAR EELS
"Definitely not!
I see it either being a close game with Parra winning or us winning by over 12 points."
1 hour ago
RustyNuts replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"Personally I don't think gaining Lomax would cost us Talagi. He had a great 1st game and could possibly be better than Lomax when he gets going. He could move to the wing for some time to develop then move to the centres later. If he becomes better…"
3 hours ago
Slippery. replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make

I totally agree with your comments regarding the importance and benefits regarding local juniors at discounted rates, however,  this is only a factor with their 1st contract if they show promise.  Once a player starts showing they have regular…"
3 hours ago
EA replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Nah Tago is a centre who may later transition into the backrow. I believe Turuva will leave the club which is fair enough. I think May will move back to the wing and the Mclean brothers will start making their way into FG. Panthers have Laurie and…"
4 hours ago
More…