Broncos vs Eels - footy returns.

* Includes team list Tuesday discussion.

With so much anticipation surrounding the return of the NRL and the mighty Eels starring in the first game back after an untimely and catastrophic interruption to the season, I thought I'd post a game day blog a few days in advance. I'm sure our passionate supporter base won't mind.

How good is it that team list Tuesday is almost here and adding to this, the ratings for this game will be absolutely phenomenal!

We will of course be without Nathan Brown however, we have all other players on deck and available for selection, including Mahoney by all reports.

This game has been a long time coming and should see a global audience. Master stroke V'landys!

It will be a tough trip up to QLD and the Broncos will no doubt be very ready for this. Lodge will be on fire if he is available and I'm looking forward to the battle up front against the young, but very talented Broncos pack.

So, who is your tip?

Margin?

MOM?

1. Clint Gutherson
2. Maika Sivo
3. Michael Jennings
4. Waqa Blake
5. Blake Ferguson
6. Dylan Brown
7. Mitch Moses
8. Reagan Campbell-Gillard
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Junior Paulo
11. Shaun Lane
12. Ryan Matterson
13. Marata Niukore
Interchange
14. Brad Takairangi
15. Ray Stone
16. Kane Evans
17. Peni Terepo
18. Oregon Kaufusi
19. George Jennings
20. Jaeman Salmon
21. David Gower

BRING ON THE FOOTY AND GO YOU EELS!

I'M EXCITED

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Outstanding defender too - even on the big men. 

• I reckon the games will slow down after a couple of weeks. Players will get the feel of the ruck speed, coaches will adapt and the players will be fitted so you won't see as much fatigue to open the game up.

• Not sure about the 6 again.

• Such fun!!! How good is Dylan going, mop on his head and all! Everyone going so well. Matto really well. Staying calm the key?

Never thought I’d ever say this...but I feel for the poor ref out there it’s so so fast. Timing of down to one ref and rule change, how  is the poor basket surviving. I’m sure I’ll get over my ref sympathy in time.

• Big minutes Junior

• Lane , Matterson and Brown have been outstanding . Brown has shown more in this  game than in all his games combined last year. 

• Our backrow is the equal of any in the comp. Brown could be anything.

• This rule change suits our nimble spine so well.

Isn’t it good to watch a game and come 15 to go we know it’s in the bag after all those misery years! Thanks Broncos...again.

• Matterson needs to look for his support - I thought he could have got the ball away on a couple of occassions, but ran very strong.

RCG set the tone from the start with his first hit up and never took a backward step all game.

Brown and Moses both showed better form - maybe associating with crack heads may not be all that bad after all.

• 11 Eels players running over 100m fantastic team effort

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

MeelK replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I'd sign for that."
13 minutes ago
LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Look i think it is more than just being put on the Wing. I think Flanno is a reason. Wanting to play semi's is another.
I think a move away will be an awakening for Lomax. He was on with Fltech and Hindy with Lawrie in 2022 and he mimicked Griffin.…"
1 hour ago
AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"600k is OK for the right winger. The Panthers sets are built on what their back 3 do on tackle one. The more momentum at the start of a set the more expansive a team can play but if our back three are getting smashed on tackle one and two it puts…"
1 hour ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Agree , need to keep him. "
1 hour ago
More…