Broncos, Eels chase Ponga

BRONCOS, EELS CHASING PONGA

THERE is much interest in Kalyn Ponga’s next NRL contract with Brisbane and Parramatta rumoured to have him under notice.

Ponga is the third-highest paid player at the Knights behind halfback Mitchell Pearce and front-row enforcer Dave Klemmer but is clearly their biggest star and best player.

He is under contract until 2021 but it hasn’t stopped clubs from making early inquiries, which is perfectly legal. Ponga will become a $6 million player over five years with his next contract.

It’s interesting that Ponga’s father — and not his manager Wayde Rushton — has been the one driving the early contract renewal talks with the Knights.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• BA thinks he would make a great #9.

• We won't get him that's for sure and better than avergae chance Newcastle will extend before his current deal finishes. One thing for sure is that KP will be the highest paid player in the game in the not to distant future with day light 2nd.

• New Zealand rugby is probably the bigger threat to him re-signing with Newcastle.

I still can't believe cowboys didn't find a way to keep him.

• Why not nothing to lose here.

• As if he’d come to us lol

• 2667078263?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Ponga would be a donga to come to the Eels just ask Wonga (MD BSA)

• It’s probably another beat up to increase his price but regardless we need forwards god damn it not backs

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Nightmare Off-Season replied to Hell On Eels's discussion R8 v Manly: The Rise and Fall of the Eels
"HOE, what a monumental effort compiling so much information, statistics & evidence into one blog & keeping it compelling throughout.

As Frank said, this might just be your best work yet. Thankyou for putting such time in my friend, I’m sure we all…"
1 minute ago
Poppa replied to Blue Eel's discussion The Truth Hurts: Article
"Says the man with Homer as his avatar, it does need explaining Hugo because you are criticising professionals and showing no respect in the process....Wiz is much more interested in toilet training and is unquestionably qualified as an expert in…"
7 minutes ago
Poppa replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 8 Team List v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles (ANZAC Round)
"I have no doubt that Simmo would be our best alternative if Gutho is out, but I also think Russell would play in front of Talagi if you do not want a potential total embarrassment. God help us if we had Asi there,
Don't disagree with Martyn…"
15 minutes ago
Poppa replied to Hell On Eels's discussion R8 v Manly: The Rise and Fall of the Eels
"You are possibly right Frankie, can you get a comparative expense exercise done with other clubs to make this a legitimate comparison..... I get a bit lost when you keep referring to the "bottom of the barrell standard people" ...... I can accept…"
21 minutes ago
More…