Replies

• Parraboy, I believe your prognostication are possibly more prophetic than fantasy.

• I actually think Gallen makes a fair point,

“Now if he went out on that field and hurt someone on that field because he was enhanced … does that person have the right to come back at ASADA or the NRL and sue them?”

• Really - so who do they sue if they are injured by a hard "clean" player?

Gallen's record isn't all that great - is it?

• They could probably call McCracken for advice.

• It's not really a fair point. What if a player was tested today, goes out on the weekend and injures someone else, then has a positive result returned two weeks later? There is always going to be some sort of timespan between when someone is tested and when their result is returned. In that interim period they are entitled to the presumption of innocence, so they are allowed to play.

In this scenario it is reasonable to query why it took six months, but it it not reasonable to bring up legal scenarios such as what Gallen has suggested.

• Gallen is a footy head trying to make it in a post footy media career. This is a better point than his suggestion that asada were chasing media attention. That was a really dumb comment.

• In regards to the timing and people saying it's convenient for ASADA to release this now. ASADA collect the samples. Those samples are taken to a WADA approved lab. There is only one of those in Australia. There are only 30 approved WADA labs worldwide. There is no guarantee the sample was taken to the Australian lab as ASADA does not publish which lab samples are sent to and after the Russian lab was found to be doctoring samples of Russian athletes it's likely samples are taken out of country for testing.

• Point taken Super but it still shouldn't take that long to analyse a sample. I can express post to England in 4 days, so having a sample sent to any international laboratory shouldn't be that big a deal. 6 months is bordering on incompetent. Maybe they need more resources?

• Agreed Anguillidae, i highly doubt the lab was inundated over the last few months....but no doubt there will be some explanation.

• What the hell are you express posting to England mate? I'm assuming some sort of depraved sex toys or a heap of perverted role play gear :)

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Poppa posted a discussion
Lomax is reputably on 800k, I am not sure when his contract expires. No one's going to get him for a bargainWhen his 800 at Saints expires you might!.............he has been a Saints junior and prodigy the whole time, I think its a bit sad when you…
3 minutes ago
Cumberland Eel replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Mick Cronin"
9 minutes ago
"And the local kebab shop"
9 minutes ago
"Without condoms"
11 minutes ago
More…